Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

mp3?

mp3?

Postby bigdirtyj » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:20 am

I recently purchased the iPad app and "composed" my first tune. A gentleman I work with really enjoys classical compositions and I want him to listen and tell me what he thinks. It is my wife's iPad, so I just want to be able to send the file to my work email and forward it on to him. Is it possible to change formats, and if so, how? (My apologies, I am not quite as computer savvy as I once was, and I'm only 30! YIKES!!!)
bigdirtyj

Re: mp3?

Postby Admin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:13 pm

bigdirtyj wrote:I recently purchased the iPad app and "composed" my first tune. A gentleman I work with really enjoys classical compositions and I want him to listen and tell me what he thinks. It is my wife's iPad, so I just want to be able to send the file to my work email and forward it on to him. Is it possible to change formats, and if so, how? (My apologies, I am not quite as computer savvy as I once was, and I'm only 30! YIKES!!!)

We are working on wav export currently. Unfortunately right now it is not possible directly out of the ipad. You may however hook the ipad up to a recording device and capture the playback for recording.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby bigdirtyj » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Excellent. Thank you so much for your help.
As a side note: The people that put their finished work on SoundCloud, I assume they are doing their work a PC/Mac?
Thanks again!
bigdirtyj

Postby Admin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:47 pm

bigdirtyj wrote:Excellent. Thank you so much for your help.
As a side note: The people that put their finished work on SoundCloud, I assume they are doing their work a PC/Mac?
Thanks again!

Yes...there is a feature in the desktop version that saves audio directly to SoundCloud. :D
Admin
Site Admin

Postby wbuffington » Sat May 19, 2012 10:09 pm

While an external recording device plugged into the iPad is a work-around, the iPad Notion users need not only a way to export the music file recording exactly as is sounds using Notion (not midi), but also a way to copy and paste it into a DAW.

:idea:

Thanks.
wbuffington

Return to Notion for iPad