Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Sound quality

Sound quality

Postby JerryF » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:27 pm

I get some severe crackle and a loud tone on a few parts of a track. The headphones are fine, as are other audio tracks so it looks like it is coming from notion. Amy suggestions? Cheers.
JerryF

Re: Sound quality

Postby thorrild » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:48 pm

The crackle might be that you have too many simultaneous tracks (staves) for the iPad to process. Do you get the warning about how many staves can typically be played when you open the file?

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby JerryF » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:48 am

Hi Thorrild, thanks, it is not that, as the section is a copy and paste that plays fine first time around. It is very odd as it sometimes degenerates into a sort of feedback howl... Maybe corrupted? I will overwrite and see if that works.
Cheers, J
JerryF

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:11 pm

JerryF wrote:Hi Thorrild, thanks, it is not that, as the section is a copy and paste that plays fine first time around. It is very odd as it sometimes degenerates into a sort of feedback howl... Maybe corrupted? I will overwrite and see if that works.
Cheers, J

You may also try closing other applications that are open. Sometimes if users are running many applications while working on a score the processing can slow down.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Notion for iPad