Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Problems with Transposition

Problems with Transposition

Postby lht1989 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi,
I am new to notion and am currently facing some problems. I have certain vocal score that I wish notion would transpose for me. For instance, I enter the score in its original key eg E Major. Subsequently, when I want to transpose the whole score down say to C major, I press the gear icon and enter the instrument transposition panel but when I choose c major in the original octave and press done, nothing changes. I expected it to transpose down to c major.

Anyone know how to rectify this?

Many thanks,
Isabella
lht1989

Re: Problems with Transposition

Postby mbosarge » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:35 pm

I am having the same issue. If you add instruments the transposition works well. I am trying to transpose an entire piece written for voice (choir - key of C) to something I can play along with on trumpet (key of D). Notion changes the key signature but keeps the notes the same? I am using Songbook and finale to do this on an iMAC but the ability to do this on the IPAD is huge for me.

Any ideas?
mbosarge

Re: Problems with Transposition

Postby Rick Wallace » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:58 pm

Bring your full score up so you can see all parts.

From Edit choose Select All

Now Go to Tools and Choose Transpose

A drop down menu appears and offers you transposition options. Take your pick

Be sure you check the Transpose Key Signatures, or Notion will put lots of accidentals in. For instance, if you started in the key of C and transposed down a major second to B flat, all Bs and Es will have flats added in the throughout the score while the key signature remains C.

Now click transpose.

You are there!
Rick Wallace

Return to Notion for iPad