Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Wish list

Wish list

Postby SteveWest » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:38 am

I downloaded the app and have been using it to transcribe some five-part music (for viols). I'm generally pleased with Notion, but there are some things that could improve it a lot....
  • Please can we have some better documentation. I found the video tutorials pretty useless, other than to prove that someone who's really nifty at using Notion, can do lots of clever things. A decent user manual might answer some of the other points I'm about to list too!
  • Inserting notes. Intuitively, I expected I could place the cursor between two existing notes and press a key to enter a new note between them (and that all the notes would budge up a bit to accommodate the new note and that bar lines would sort themselves out).
  • Deleting a note. I expected I could touch the eraser and then touch a note, and that the note would be erased, other notes would budge up to fill the gap and bar lines would sort themselves out.
  • Formatting for printing. Two bars per line is great on screen, but not for printing. When Notion generates a PDF, it should rearrange the bars to fit a page for printing.
  • A more intuitive way of adding extra bars at the end would be good (eg they could appear automatically, as you type notes).
  • How about a website where people can upload examples of music they've written with Notion?
  • Midii instruments. The instruments are pretty good, but it would be great to have a full set of GM Midi instruments, do that any GM file could be imported and played. (And I guess viols are out of the question!)

Anyway, thanks for a great app!

Cheers

Steve
SteveWest

Re: Wish list

Postby philgardiner » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:39 am

I agree completely re 2 bars per line.
I just made a file for the melody of autumn leaves which is mainly crotchets and tied semibreves.
2 bars per line is just not useful at all. Please do fix this!!
philgardiner

Postby timguitar » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:00 am

First, let me say that I think Notion is an excellent app!

I agree with the other posters about formatting for printing. Even if it defaulted to four bars per line it would be better!

Great app though!
timguitar

Postby choirguy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:23 pm

I also have some feature requests, some that have already been mentioned in the forum:

1. Lyrics (I'm sure they are coming)
2. Ability to export audio from Notion
3. Import Bass Voice as Bass Voice, not String Bass
4. As mentioned in this thread, the ability to adjust the number of bars per line, particularly for printing.
5. An easier way to add measures. On a long piece, every addition of a second measure at the end of the piece casues the entire piece to scroll to the top of the page.
choirguy

Return to Notion for iPad