Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Midi Drum Mapping

Midi Drum Mapping

Postby mastercaster » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:59 pm

After exporting a simple score as a midi file the drum kit sounds are not as I had written when trying to play back in the various DAW and midi editors I have on my computer. The bass and guitar are fine, perfect even. The drums instead of kick, snare and high hat are the novelty sounds in the GM soundset, whistle, beeps and such, in every app I import the file into.
Does Notion for iPad follow GM mapping ? Is it a bug?
I will admit that I am a bit of a novice at using a notation editor. Any help if I am doing something wrong would be appreciated.
mastercaster

Re: Midi Drum Mapping

Postby sepheritoh » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:37 pm

The Notion drum kit is not standard to midi drums. This is a problem for me too whenever I import a midi file. Notion, can you please provide a drum kit mapped for standard midi?
sepheritoh

Re: Midi Drum Mapping

Postby kiwicomposer » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Yep I fully support the proviudion of General Midi for the product.. and not necessarily just drums.
When moving a a score file with a drum track to Sibelius via MusicXML the drums are really the only major thing that gets totally out of whack.
Having a General Midi drum track woudl resolve that issue.

BTW>> If you have suggestion I recoemmed going to the Feature requests area in Notion Forum and requesting iot.. And then if you agree going across and supporting the request with a positove response.
Steve Currington
de Composer
Wellington, New Zealand
----------------------------------------
kiwicomposer

Return to Notion for iPad