Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

iPad Version Repeats

iPad Version Repeats

Postby Aph » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:42 pm

I noticed that when transferring a .notion file from the PC version of Notion to the iPad version, D.S. al Coda and other text type repeat markings are included (and work!), but as far as I can tell these are not available from within the iPad version. I see the Segno and the Coda symbols are available. Is there a way to use these to create workable repeats or are these just for graphical use?
Aph

Re: iPad Version Repeats

Postby MichelM » Mon May 20, 2013 10:30 am

Same question here, though it seems nobody cares to reply... :(

So far I can place Segno and Coda at will, but there is no option to enter D.C. or D.S. orders...
MichelM

Postby Admin » Tue May 21, 2013 10:40 am

The Coda, DS and DC signs all work in the desktop version of Notion. They are not functioning in the iPad yet, but will in the future. You can use them graphically, but they do not playback in iPad yet.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wawoodman » Tue May 21, 2013 10:53 am

Shouldn't this sort of thing be mentioned in the Help files? Are there other aspects that don't work yet?
Wawoodman

Postby thorrild » Tue May 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Wawoodman wrote:Are there other aspects that don't work yet?

Yes, as has been mentioned by the Admin in this forum again and again (and repeated by me and other members), there are lots of things you can do in the desktop version that are not yet possible in the iPad version. Notion has promised us that their long term goal is to make the iPad app equal the desktop application, and as you can see, the app is getting a great deal closer with every update. But there is still a long way to go.

You are misunderstanding the Admin's post when you ask about things that "don't work yet." I find that the app is stable and that all features work as intended. Naturally, some features will be improved to make them easier to use, and others will be added in the future, but to say that things are not working is not correct.

I find it incredible that the iPad app can interpret and correctly play even features it doesn't yet contain, just as long as it is playing a score created with its big sibling, Notion 4. And I am immensely impressed at the fast pace with which the developers at Notion Music are expanding the app's feature set with every update. Who knows, maybe they will even improve their help files at some point, although I must admit that I find the app quite intuitive.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Wawoodman » Tue May 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Maybe I misunderstood the original question, then. I thought that was already a feature in NPiP, but that it was not functional, hence my question about other features that might not work.

Sorry for the problem.
Wawoodman

Return to Notion for iPad