Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion for ipad

Re: Notion for ipad

Postby pogmoor » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Just downloaded Notion for ipad today. It looks like a great app, but on my version 1 iPad running iOS 5 none of the Email as functions work. All that happens is the app hangs and becomes unresponsive. Is anyone else seeing this?
pogmoor

Re: Notion for ipad ->In app purchase problems

Postby Bubowski » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Bubowski wrote:Hi,

I purchased the All Bundle but apparently didn't have enough free space on my iPad. It downloaded everything but the percussion and percussion efx bundles. I cleared some space and deleted the Notion app and reinstalled hoping that restoring my in-app purchase would solve the problem. However, it now looks like I need to repurchase the bundle, since "restore" is not showing as an option.

Otherwise this thing is an amazing piece of work.

For everyone's edification I will post wht Brian at Tech Support sent me:

"This is Brian from NOTION Music Technical Support. Thanks for the email. As long
as you log into your iTunes account with the same username and password, you
should be able to download the bundled instruments again without being charged.
Please let me know if you have any problems."

Best Regards,
Brian Meisner
Bubowski

Postby PhilW » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:07 am

I bought Notion for iPad a couple of days ago and am loving it, it is a high quality app for an unbelievable introductory price! There are some suggestions that I would like to make which would make it even more useful (at least for me!).
- there should be a way to export the sound, either by audio copy or as a .wav export or similar (or both?!) so that it can play nice with other iPad music apps. The mixed stereo sound would be fine as the user can mute different channels to then capture what you want.
- it would be great to be able to play the keyboard in real time and have that turned into notation, with definable quantisation.
- even if the above is too big an ask, it would be nice just to play the sounds and doodle around for inspiration or to try a line, without this turning into notation. Having developed the right melody, I could then enter that (if the real-time input isn't implemented).

But even without these, thank you for a wonderful app!
PhilW

Postby dhbailey » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:01 am

pogmoor wrote:Just downloaded Notion for ipad today. It looks like a great app, but on my version 1 iPad running iOS 5 none of the Email as functions work. All that happens is the app hangs and becomes unresponsive. Is anyone else seeing this?

I've got a version 1 iPad running iOS 5.1 and the email-as functions work just fine. You do have email accounts set up on your iPad already and made them active, don't you? I'm just asking because that might be one cause of the hang-up. I've got email accounts set up and active and have set them not to automatically check for and download messages so I can use the email functions to transfer files from the iPad to my computer but not to waste battery life or space on my iPad.

Another consideration might be how much space is available on your iPad -- mine is showing 6.5GB free.
dhbailey

Postby John Pearse » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:50 am

hello everyone. After using Notion for 2 days i am very impressed overall. Some functions are not all that obvious but i shall reserve judgement until i am more familar with the product.
I am mostly inputting simple stuff and my current problem is how to print more than 2 bars on a line and get more staves on a page. Everything is printed too large if i export as a PDF. Currently i export midi and reformat in Noteworthy on the PC which am very familiar with.
I'm hoping most of my 'problems' will go way with more familiarity and the first update. Congratulations to the developers for getting so much of it right first go.
John Pearse

Postby Stanley Dale » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Help! I keep seeing where N3 imports files but can't make it work. I used a simple 1-line MIDI and XML file saved from Finale but N3 failed to recognize either by using the iTunes import into the N3App folder. Tapping the so-called "Import" button at the bottom of the screen only gets me a blurb about what it will import. I found no help at all in support. Can you help me? Thanks.
Stanley Dale

Postby mvanwoerkom » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Admin wrote:Ladies and Gents.....

We are officially proud to present to you NOTION for iPad!!
[..]
Can't wait to hear your feedback on the app! We've worked really hard to get it delivered before the holidays so have some fun and write some music!!

Cheers,
Kyle

Congratulations! I bought it just because I hoped for a slightly better Progression with Midi and Drums, but I was so impressed when I listened to Barber's adagio or Bach's Air. Great string sounds! At least to my untrained ears.
This app helps me to understand and to learn the reading and writing of musical notation!
Thank you very much!

Marc
Munich
mvanwoerkom

Postby u8nc » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:56 pm

sepheritoh wrote: . . but could it be possible to purchase a whole bunch of nstruments in one shot? Each transaction attracts bank charges and bank taxes in this country, sometimes costing more than the instrument itself. It would save costs if I can be charged one large sum for a whole batch of instruments.

What you are experiencing is when you leave your card details active with iTunes, but with no credit in your account. When it is empty or not enough for your next digital fix, Apple will draw on your. bank account. Better to purchase an ITunes card locally with cash, and leave monetary value to spare. Then individual instruments cost NOTHING EXTRA.

Can i guess the response? you're a hapless musician with no extra cash to have the luxury of leaving up in the cloud this way?
u8nc

Postby sepheritoh » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:13 am

Problem I think is local reserve bank rules (South African). I went ahead and bought the all bundle, as that works out to a huge bargain. Unfortunately I already bought some of the individual sound as well for which I paid unnecesary now, but that is not their fault.
sepheritoh

Postby nevermore2k » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:07 pm

I cant get THe copy Paste to work.... All i get is Paste an Nothing Else... I trier THe selection Tool like Every one descriped... Real Need an advice on how to get THe selection Tool work right. Without selection THe program is pretty much useless...

iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1 German
Newest Notion iPad Version installed...
nevermore2k

PreviousNext

Return to Notion for iPad