Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion for ipad

Re: Notion for ipad

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:02 am

Comments and bug report no 1.

1. We need a seperate forum for ipad Notion, just like we have for progression
2. Import scores with absolute ease and no problems. Play perfect. Sound is really awesome.

Possible bug found
3. When importing a score from Notion my score had no totle. The app complained (rightly so) when I went into the score settings. When I entered the title, and pressed OK, the title does not update and the app will complain again next time when I am in the settings.
sepheritoh

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:16 am

Comments no 2

2.1 in app purchases: In the settings screen I added the solo violins, available as in app purchase (for free). After entering details to register I am presented with 2 options. Reset takes me back to the register screen. Unlock will unlock the instrument. The problem is that email is slow and takes more thanjust a minute. There seems to be no way to continue returning to the score and do some good work while waiting for the email to arrive. So I am now stuck just staring at the email, pressing refresh every 10 seconds.
sepheritoh

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:32 am

The saga continues #3

3.1 the in app purchase through app store works fine. I added instruments and the download started immediately ant my harp and guitar was available alomost immediately. Still waiting for the email for the free items however.

3.2 When addng instruments to the score, the new instrument gets added to the bottom, and not in prpper score order like in the PC app.
sepheritoh

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:44 am

4. This is fun!

4.1 I am missing an "display at concert tuning" option. Transposed instuments can be changed one by one to display in C, which is very helpfull, but it would be nice to have a single option to change all instruments to display / view in concrt tuning, like with the PC app.

4.2 Don't know if this is a app store problem or not, but could it be possible to purchase a whole bunch of nstruments in one shot? Each transaction attracts bank charges and bank taxes in this country, sometimes costing more than the instrument itself. It would save costs if I can be charged one large sum for a whole batch of instruments.
sepheritoh

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:36 am

5. More fun: comments on the navigation

5.1 The scire displays 2 bars at a time similar to the pages down option in Notion 3. The navigation is however very problematic when working on a score with a large number of imstruments. Can you please provide an option to display score continious. This will allow much easier scrolling from bar to bar while entering notes.
5.2 When entering a note, or text, the display will jump ahead to the next bar and at the same time the display will scroll to some random position on the screen. When working on a score with a large number of instruments, this cause a lot of time wasted trying to find the position. Can yoy please allow an option to keep the display exactly where it was after entering a note. Typically if I want to enter a note and then want to add articulations etc. to that note, this would help.
5.3 At the bottom right of the screen there is two arrow buttons pointing left and right. I can not exactly figure out how this works. Sometimes it scroll to the previous note on the instument vurrently being edited, but this does not seem to be consistent behaviour.
5.4 Congrats on a real helpfull and well laid out help file section. This is one area where many ipad apps lacks. The lack of propper help files and manuals on the ipad has certainly added to the ipad's reputatin as a "toy". Notion music has done a great job here, both with the app itself and with the documentation, to show that the ipad is a serious gadget for serious musicians.
sepheritoh

Postby fzd » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:17 am

Is there a PDF notice that we can download ?
Solo, Orchestral & Chamber Strings complete, Dimension Strings, Full instruments
EWQLSO & Choirs
2 x Mac Mavericks, RAM : 32 GB & 16 GB
Notion 4

http://www.francois-zawadzki-delissen.com
fzd

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:46 am

6 Missng feature
6.1 One feature I ammissing n the iPad app is a transpose function. Please add to the features wishlist a function to be added to the selection tool to allow for a whole selection of notes to be transposed up or down by a specified number of tones, semi-tones or octaves.

[edit-more missng function]
6.2 Please add a function to move the current position to a marker by usng a drop down box siilar to the ne available n the PC version.
sepheritoh

Postby Erufailon » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:05 am

Just dropped by to say thank you for the iPad app. There is another notation app in the store that I deeply regret buying now, as Notion stomps all over that. :D Also thank you for the release sale as I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't so cheap (since that other app made me skeptical about notation on the iPad).

So even though I'm not using notion3 anymore on the PC, you've managed to surprise me on the iPad, big time, I really thought we would never see a usefull notation app ever, and yet here is Notion! Thank you!
Erufailon

Postby patricio » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:44 am

On my Ipad2 the tutorial videos don't work. How i get them to work ?
patricio

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:59 am

They work fine on my iPad 2. Which videos do you refer to? Try to go directly to youtube and searcg for Notion if you can not get them from the web site.
sepheritoh

PreviousNext

Return to Notion for iPad