Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Drum Notation

Drum Notation

Postby BillB » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Is drum notation, specifically rolls and flams, supported on the iPad? I'm looking for an app to produce snare parts (mostly) for brass and pipe bands.

Thanks!
BillB

Re: Drum Notation

Postby robdean » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:23 am

It does seem pretty well supported. I don't have much expertise in this area so can't give a verdict based on any depth of knowledge, but the 'grace note' looking flam notation and 'crossed stem' roll notation are available and do simulate such effects in audio playback (I've just looked them out and tried them). There is also a menu of other drum nuances such as stick-shot, snare off, hard/soft beater, as well as lots of general music dynamics directions which are simulated in audio playback.

Do bear in mind that you'll only get two bars per line on-screen and in pdf export, though XML export may facilitate third-party apps reformatting your work if required. Also note that MIDI export drum mapping is not GM compatible. If these issues are of no great consequence to your specific requirements, then you may get along great with this app!
robdean

Return to Notion for iPad