Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Feature Request

Feature Request

Postby Dolphin10 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Hello,
I really love Notion for iPad and it has a ton of potential but one thing I really need as a classical guitarist is the ability to write music in up to 4 voices. I appreciate that you have 2 voices but classical guitar and any other chord melody music can have up to 4 voices. Please add the ability to input 4 voices for finger-style guitar and not just classical. Thank you for your time and wonderful software.
Dolphin10

Re: Feature Request

Postby thorrild » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:13 am

Dolphin10,

In another recent thread, Kyle (one of the Admin.s at Notion) claims that there is 4-voice support. [Message pasted in below.] As far as I can figure out, this is true only if you enter notes using the drum pad.

The desktop version of Notion supports 4 voices, more or less gracefully, and files created with it can be opened and played on the iPad.

Best wishes,
Thorrild

Admin wrote:
WhatCanISay wrote:Hi!

Have read a couple of posts.

Seems that this app has a lot of potential but is far from being mature enough to be considered as usefull, isn't it?
No pickup measure, just two voices, a lot of work and time just to delete a measure... So much limitations, so much feature requests unanswered...

Looks like working with this app turns out to be very frustrating quickly ? Isn't this app just "teaser" to get users to migrate to the desktop application to really be able to work seriously?

I just hope I'm wrong all the way so, tell me why should I buy this app to give it a try?
And what if I'm not happy with it? Will I have my money back?

Thanks for your help.

First of all....4 voice support not 2.

Second...we are still actively developing this app and will be releasing a significant update this fall that will address many concerns (note entry process, editing, midi device compatibility and MUCH more). The discounted price is going to carry into the fall, so get it before then if you'd like to take advantage of the special.

Cheers,
-Kyle
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to Notion for iPad