Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

How to delete measures?

How to delete measures?

Postby iamnemo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:52 pm

I need to delete the first 3 (empty) measures for ONE instrument in my score to time realign it with the others.
I tried selecting them and then cut/delete/clear them to no avail.
How does one do that on the iPad??? Thanks!
iamnemo

Re: How to delete measures?

Postby thorrild » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:52 pm

There may be more than one way to do this, but here's a suggestion:

1. I haven't figured out how to select more than one system of just one staff, so try moving the "late" forward to its proper position, one system at a time.

2. Put the cursor on the downbeat of the first bar you want to move. Tap and hold at that spot. The PASTE indicator will appear. Press the select tool (purple rectangle). The whole measure of that one staff will be highlighted. You can extend start and end point to make sure you have the whole system. Tap CUT.

3. Tap and hold the first bar of the same staff. The PASTE indicator will appear. Tap it.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all the music has been advanced, system by system.

If anyone has figured out how to select more than one system of just one staff, please share the instructions here.

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby iamnemo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks for the detailed reply. I tried that also before but the program adds that many measures to ALL tracks! 8-\

The way to select a group of (any) instruments is to hide the others using the "eyes" under the "gear" button at the bottom and then select using the purple rectangle.

Thanks again but still looking for any solution to "how to delete measures". Best regards.
iamnemo

Postby thorrild » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:39 pm

I tried that also before but the program adds that many measures to ALL tracks!

I don't quite understand what you mean. I can get this for work with a test file, created according to your description in the o.p.

The only thing I found that requires caution is this:

If you hide some staves (using your instructions), simply cutting the music in the (1) remaining staff causes all those measures to be cut in the entire measure stack. But if you instead COPY the music to the clipboard, then re-select the region and CLEAR the music, all measures remain where they are, and music can be PASTED somewhere else.

Does any of this make sense and/or address your problem?

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby iamnemo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks again and you are right, my approach did not work but yours seems to work.

I always assumed that CUT was like COPY & CLEAR but apparently in this program it's not. Thanks again!!
iamnemo

Postby patogen » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:19 am

You can use erese tool. Select line between measures.
patogen

Return to Notion for iPad