Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

How do I insert a hammer on?

Discuss Progression for iPad

How do I insert a hammer on?

Postby bolter » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Example, On the guitar, I want to hammer on the 4th string from open string to 2nd fret 4th string. For the life of me, and using the hammer on selection in different ways, I cannot figure out how to do this. Thanks in Advance for any advice.
bolter

Re: How do I insert a hammer on?

Postby spoiledcitygirl » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:56 am

Articulation gives your music expression and enables you to make your guitar talk, sing, and even cry. You can use hammer-ons to add articulation to your guitar playing. Articulation refers to how you play and connect notes. . As you start to incorporate articulation in your playing, you begin to exercise more control over your guitar. You’re not merely playing “correctly” — you’re playing with individual style.
spoiledcitygirl

Re: How do I insert a hammer on?

Postby barnettart50 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:15 pm

bolter wrote:Example, On the guitar, I want to hammer on the 4th string from open string to 2nd fret 4th string. For the life of me, and using the hammer on selection in different ways, I cannot figure out how to do this. Thanks in Advance for any advice.

I,too, would like to know the answer to this, since spoiledcitygirl was not providing an answer, except perhaps in semantics rather than composing and revising techniques, or at least a link to where in the user manual it's described.

I'd also like to know if this kind of information will export intelligibly into Logic Pro 9 + X.
TIA
GEB
barnettart50

Return to Progression for iPad