Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

notion for ipad user question

Discuss Progression for iPad

notion for ipad user question

Postby philgardiner » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:28 am

sorry if dumb question but as a notion for ipad user is there any reason to buy progression? My main use is writing out exercises for guitar students.

Also it would be excellent to be able to add chord diagrams, is this possible? Thanks
philgardiner

Re: notion for ipad user question

Postby mvanwoerkom » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:40 pm

I had a similar question - why should I buy Notion for iPad, if I already bought Progression for iPad?

What would be helpful for buying decisions would be a feature comparison of both products.

On the other hand, the prices for the iPad versions are only a fraction of the prices of their big brothers, so thinking too long might waste time which you could otherwise use to create value. :-)

I am a happy Progression user since about a couple of weeks and bought Notion as well today.
For me the reason was to have MIDI import and export and to be able to have the classical rock band setups, which would need drums and perhaps keyboards.

On the first look, I can't spot something which is possible in Progression, but not in Notion.
So far Notion seems to include the Progression features.
mvanwoerkom

Postby philgardiner » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:24 pm

So progression doesn't allow you to add chord diagrams?
philgardiner

Postby mvanwoerkom » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:21 pm

I can't see chord diagrams anywhere in Progression for iPad.

It is possible to set the fretboard to chord mode, which then allows to stack several notes at one position in time.

I don't see the means to enter chords by name like "E2" nor do I see the means to enter chords by selecting them from some chord dictionary. Nor, like I wrote, the means to annotate with chord diagrams.

Regards,
Marc
Munich
mvanwoerkom

Postby mvanwoerkom » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:24 am

philgardiner wrote:So progression doesn't allow you to add chord diagrams?

Notion for iPad has gotten support with the 1.2 update!
mvanwoerkom

Return to Progression for iPad