Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Getting files from computer to iPad app

Discuss Progression for iPad

Getting files from computer to iPad app

Postby JimW » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:15 am

I have tried and tried and I'm probably over looking something, but I can't seem to find a way to get my GuitarPro files in the Progression app. I've been able to successfully move files from the itunes interface to the app, but they won't show up in the app interface. The download button is useless as it only allows you to download tabs from predetermined sites. I have over 800 tabs, for mandolin, that I would like to use. Can someone tell me what i'm missing or what step am I leaving out?

Jim
JimW

Re: Getting files from computer to iPad app

Postby Admin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:20 am

You might try emailing the file to yourself and opening from the mail client on your iPad.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby JimW » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:56 am

You've got to be kidding, right? Email over 800 tab files? I wish I could put in for a refund on iTunes for this app, as it's just not usable for me in its current form. I don't know how the programmers could miss something like this. Anyway, I'll just chalk it up to experience and I've downloaded TabToolKit which will allow me to move all my tab files in the wireless interface. Progression really needs to implement this feature.

Jim
JimW

Postby Admin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:37 am

Sorry didn't see that you were trying to get 800 tab files on your ipad. I'm pretty sure there is a solution for this...

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby mvanwoerkom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:43 pm

JimW wrote:You've got to be kidding, right? Email over 800 tab files? I wish I could put in for a refund on iTunes for this app, as it's just not usable for me in its current form. I don't know how the programmers could miss something like this. Anyway, I'll just chalk it up to experience and I've downloaded TabToolKit which will allow me to move all my tab files in the wireless interface. Progression really needs to implement this feature.

Jim

Using 800 tab files at once?
That sounds unrealistic too.

The import export on iPad in general is cumbersome, most likely on purpose.

I wouldn't blame the notion guys for that.
For the usual household amounts their im ex is good enough.

Regards,
Marc
mvanwoerkom

Postby lumena » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:44 pm

So I am bumping this thread.
I did not hear a proper answer to it.
I tried to add powertab .ptb files to the Progression app and they do not appear in the app. They do appear in iTunes under the apps tab but not in actual app on IPAD. Is this broke?
lumena

Postby Brian2 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Have you tried dropbox?
Using your mac/pc: copy the files to Dropbox->Apps->Progression Mobile
and then using the iPad, import them from there.

mvanwoerkom makes sense. With 800 files you're more than likely, looking for a tool that would work as batch converter (and cataloger as well).

On files in browser:
Progression (and Notion) - presently limits the display of files in the browser to native Notion and Progression files. Importable filetypes, not being native notion or progression files, do not appear here.
--.42.--
Brian2

Postby willie50 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:25 pm

With iPad Magic, you can transfer photos, videos, music, books, etc. between iPad, iTunes and computer at ease. Moreover, it also enables you to convert audio and video files, rip CD and DVD discs, download online videos, make ringtones and more. Also, it works well on iOS 7 and iTunes 11.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ALYybIAL3k

Supported iOS Devices:
iPad, iPad 2, The New iPad, iPad mini, iPad with Retina display;
iPhone 3G/3GS, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S
willie50

Return to Progression for iPad