Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

My wish list for new features

Discuss Progression for iPad

My wish list for new features

Postby osiris » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:46 pm

First of all, a great app! I find myself constantly using it instead of guitar pro on my computer because it's much easier.

This is what I'd really like to see in future updates:
* Warning indicator when a bar doesn't add up (in guitar pro the bar turns red). I'm bad with adding note lengths in my head and mixing straight notes with triplets almost never adds up on my first attempt :-)
* Easier inserting of notes. Maybe an insert mode switch (like the chord/melody one)
* Copy audio to be able to past it into other apps
* Drum tracks, importable as MIDI
* Guitar Pro format export. I know this isn't likely to happen :-)
osiris

Re: My wish list for new features

Postby mbagsh55 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:28 am

I hope Osiris does not object to my adding to his wish list.

I also find this a great application for quickly entering some tabs/notation, although my focus is almost entirely on using it to help me practice. I will enter various exercises, often duets for example and play along, aiming to improve. My wish list would be:

1 - Extend the fretboard/mixer toggle to fretboard/mixer/none. Effectively I want to be able to hide the mixer during playback so I can see more of the tab/notation.

2 - In landscape mode show three measures rather than 2 to use the additional horizontal space

3 - Add a 'count-in'. Currently I add a blank measure in front of pieces to ensure my hand can return to the guitar in time to play along. It would be better to be able to just have the option for a single measure count-in rather than have to add it to the tab/notation however.

4 - Add a metronome option. I am sure I would not use it much, but I should. ;)

5 - Chord library. I have seen other requests for this, but for me what I want is a kind of persistant clipboard. where I can enter a chord fingering, name it (e.g. CMaj - pos3) and then quickly enter that as a single 'fingering' rather than add each note. My current work around is mostly copy and paste.

6 - Persistant tempo. When I change the tempo it always defaults to 90 BPM, even if I have for example entered 45 previously. Would be nice to pick up the current tempo if it is already set.

I think this is a great app, it is much quicker than entering tab on the Macintosh for me, and I am really enjoying it. Thanks for putting this together and releasing on the iPad. Cannot wait to see the improvements in the next version.

~Marcus
mbagsh55

Postby prasibreo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:37 am

Good post. It is really help to us. Its give us lots of interest and pleasure. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. Its really a good article. It gives me lots of pleasure and interest.

12 Volt Led Lights
prasibreo

Postby Henrymark » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:57 am

Nice suggestions. It will be very helpful one if implemented.
Henrymark

Return to Progression for iPad