Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Discuss and share Progression for iPad here!

Discuss Progression for iPad

Discuss and share Progression for iPad here!

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Hello all!

This is a new forum set up for you to discuss and share your usage of Progression for iPad!

Enjoy!
-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Discuss and share Progression for iPad here!

Postby beavens78 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:49 am

Hie

I am new to music and was wondering if there was a manual for this product. I have noticed on the website there is a manual for the computer version, is there anything for the ipad.

i have toyed with the app, and understand some things, but not all.

thanks
beavens78

Postby Admin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:10 am

beavens78 wrote:Hie

I am new to music and was wondering if there was a manual for this product. I have noticed on the website there is a manual for the computer version, is there anything for the ipad.

i have toyed with the app, and understand some things, but not all.

thanks

Sorry...there is no "Manual" available, but there are some help files in the app that explain the layout and detail all of the functions.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby mvanwoerkom » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:06 pm

I had the same problem. Progression's help screens are good, but they stop a level too early as they don't explain the individual functions on a toolbar, like what the different pause symbols mean.

I just had a look of the Notion for iPad help screens and here they noticed this too, and provided the missing information.
So you might either buy Notion for iPad as well or wait if the folks update the help or look up the notation (which seems pretty standard notation to me) in guitar school books or books on music theory.
mvanwoerkom

Postby Kevinm » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:12 am

I agree. The help files for Progression for iPad are severely lacking in content. If I paid for an app with such complex functionality, I expect sufficient documentation.
Kevinm

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:20 pm

mvanwoerkom wrote:I had the same problem. Progression's help screens are good, but they stop a level too early as they don't explain the individual functions on a toolbar, like what the different pause symbols mean.

I just had a look of the Notion for iPad help screens and here they noticed this too, and provided the missing information.
So you might either buy Notion for iPad as well or wait if the folks update the help or look up the notation (which seems pretty standard notation to me) in guitar school books or books on music theory.

An update with new a new help file is on the way! There will be some other features added as well to the update.....
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Larute » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Two things.
1. I can't figure out how to change the bend amount (full, 1/2, etc) Is this possible?
2. I was HIGHLY disappointed when I purchased the desktop version only to find that it will not open my ipad files. Is this true? Or did I miss something.

Thank you!
Larute

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:01 am

Larute wrote:Two things.
1. I can't figure out how to change the bend amount (full, 1/2, etc) Is this possible?
2. I was HIGHLY disappointed when I purchased the desktop version only to find that it will not open my ipad files. Is this true? Or did I miss something.

Thank you!

You should be able to use the selection tool in the palette to grab a bend and change the amount.

Unfortunately Progression desktop will not open the Progression iPad files currently. We are working on it and will have an update to the desktop version soon that will fix this.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Progression for iPad