Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

all technique codes (4 letter)

all technique codes (4 letter)

Postby Forever Mourning » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:20 am

I am doing a "coding" a new custom rule set, and I need the four letter codes for both metered trem techniques (one and two dashes). 3 dash technique is of course "trem", but that is for un-metered tremolo. Any one know of these? If not, is it possible to create one that corresponds to the marking(s) "/" "//" ?

Thanks for anyone that can help with this!

Ryan Chilcote
Forever Mourning

Re: all technique codes (4 letter)

Postby dcd111 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:29 am

I can double-check later, but my recollection is that Notion turns measured tremolos into repeated notes before being processed by custom rules, so they are not treated like detectable techniques. I believe that only unmeasured tremolo can be detected as a custom rules technique.
dcd111

Re: all technique codes (4 letter)

Postby Forever Mourning » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! :D

That completely make sense. So it might make sense to define my own expression, create my own technique and use expression text along with the un-metered marking. I could create 3 expressions/techniques to distinguish between double metered, triple metered, and un-metered.

I'm using Orchestral String Runs 2, and they have a lot of great sounding metered trems that is changed via mod wheel.

Again, thanks for your help!

Best,

Ryan Chilcote
Forever Mourning

Return to Custom Rules Discussion