Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

cancelling/compounding techniques

cancelling/compounding techniques

Postby derAbgang » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:51 am

I need to know which techniques cancel other techniques and which compound. For example, espressivo (espr), when input, carries through until normale (norm). But, adding certain other techniques to notes after espr (but before normale causes the techniques to compund.

so ... given 3 half notes with the following techniques attached to each respectively

espr lyri norm

The first note satisfies
Code: Select all
 <if technique="espr" />

The second note satisfies
Code: Select all
 <if technique="espr" />
 <if technique="lyri" />

... and the last note defaults to no technique, i.e., norm cancels all techniques. There are also other techniques that are valid only for the note they are attached to but should really carry on, fasv, slov, for example.

I guess what I am after is a list of techniques that really describes the behavior on a score, continuous, static, compounding, cancelling etc ... Writing rules is becoming a decompiling exercise of sorts and wastes tremendously more time than it should.

David
derAbgang

Re: cancelling/compounding techniques

Postby pcartwright » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Check out the ExpressionList.tpk file. It can be found in Notion > Support > Lists. Open in a text editor and have a look around. This file basically defines expressions and their properties (including conflicting expressions).
pcartwright

Postby derAbgang » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:12 am

These are the keys/names. Is there a description of what each of these mean? I think I understand some obvious ones but please, correct me if I'm wrong:

atps"Staff side
default placement either above or below staff

entc"End techniques

i.e., "vib": End techniques: vibe nvib mvib. Are these the techniques that "cancel" the current?

exbh"Expression both sides
No idea ...

excf"Expression conflict
No idea

exct"Expression categories
I assume this is something having to do with where they appear in the UI

exid"Expression ident
a unique identifier perhaps?

exim"Expression imports
No idea

exmt"Metapart entry
No idea

exor"Expression level
No idea

exsh"Expression shortcuts
The keyboard input short cut ( ' + code )

extp"Expression compat
No idea

extx"Expression text
The text that appears in the score

exxr"Expression xrefsym
No idea but a guess would be that this integer is a reference to a symbol or maybe to a similar technique

gyid"Glyph ID
Probably the glyph in the input bar at the bottom

mwvc"Moves with voice
This seems like an important one but I don't understand it.

nttc"Note technique
If there is a "Note technique" property, I'm assuming this applies only to individual note, i.e., dnbw

sttc"Start technique
The opposite of Note technique, this applues to current and note and all others until, what? "norm" seems to be the only true cancelling technique.

syid"Style ID
No idea

uicm"UI command
No idea

Thanks for any more input you can give ...

David
derAbgang

Postby derAbgang » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:28 am

NOTE: I should really state that of all the above techniques, I'm really only interested in the key/names that affect playback and playback rules.

thanks

David
derAbgang

Return to Custom Rules Discussion