Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

How to make condition for 'o' key markings?

How to make condition for 'o' key markings?

Postby sdkee » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:50 am

I am trying to make rules for some of my vstis and having good success so far. But I am stuck on one thing: how to include conditions for the markings that can be created by the 'o' key. To wit:

natural harmonic / open (circle over note)
cut circle (slashed open circle over note)
bartok pizzicotto (open circle with offset line over note)

I also couldn't figure out the "closed" (plus sign) articulation.

If anyone here can clue me in I would be most grateful.
sdkee

Re: How to make condition for 'o' key markings?

Postby dcd111 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:24 am

The new rules instructions are unfortunately somewhat deficient in describing the available techniques that can be tested, particularly those that are notated with symbols. The list of available techniques to test are in a separate file, misleadingly named "Techniques for Notion Sounds", and is organized in a way that is not very useful. In addition, there's no description of what each four-letter abbreviation represents.

It's also missing several techniques, including the cut circle, as far as I can tell. I recommend downloading the old Notion 3 custom rules documentation, since the instructions that were provided with that package included a much more useful and complete list of technique tests.

These are the tests I believe you are looking for, in order of your request. I just tested them so they should work.

Code: Select all
      <if technique="circ" />
      <if technique="ccir" />
      <if technique="snap" />
      <if technique="plus" />
dcd111

Re: How to make condition for 'o' key markings?

Postby sdkee » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:19 am

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
sdkee

Return to Custom Rules Discussion