Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

duration-change amount larger than 1.0

Re: duration-change amount larger than 1.0

Postby fabiolcati » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:17 am

Me.
And it doesn't work (eg. for legato in GPO).
So I gave up.
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby elerouxx » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:30 am

Oooooooo so THAT was the problem!

sorry I don't have a solution.
elerouxx

Postby elerouxx » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:44 pm

I am working for VST Spicy Guitar, which also has a legato mode if notes overlap (it doesn't pluck the string, but just adds a finger on the fret. Great for tremolos).

I faced the same problem as you do. The duration-change amount didn't work. The PEDal marking works but is a little awkward. regarding this, it seems to me that the PEDAL in Notion doesn't pass a midi parameter to the instrument, but it actually holds the notes from within Notion. Thus, sending a midi command for 'sustain' to the plugin doesn't work even if the plugin has sustain mode.

The almost effective 'workaround' I found is to forget about the Ped. and extend manually the duration of the slurred notes by drragging the bars in sequencer mode (hitting TAB). At least the legato works. Too bad we can't just extend the duration in the rules.
elerouxx

Postby elerouxx » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:59 pm

I can do a very nice acoustic guitar trill on the keyboard. It's very realistic: a trill with no plucking. Is really sad I can't do this from the notation.
elerouxx

Postby elerouxx » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:35 pm

I didn't know CC type didn't acted properly.
In the case of Spicy Guitar, the only thing that turns on the 'legato' mode is to extending the notes themselves, slightly overlapping them. The Sustain "Ped" in Notion does that, but sending a CC or keyswitch for the plugin's internal 'sustain mode' doesn't do it.

Spicy guitar is otherwise very nice, sustain and other switches ccan be mapped either to CCs or keys. If your plugin allows to map a key to the sustain other than the classical cc64 or cc66, you'd be done.

Maybe a better workaround for what you're doing, is that you send a CC64 value of ZERO before any note that ISN'T under a slur, or is the first note of a slur, like this:

<if not-condition="slur-attack"/> (this applies to any note that is detached from any previous slur or note)
<cc type="note-on-prefix" controller "64" value="0" />
elerouxx

Return to Custom Rules Discussion