Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

How to send Aftertouch CC to GPO?

How to send Aftertouch CC to GPO?

Postby elerouxx » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:21 pm

IN GPO4 woodwinds, aftertouch control is used to define vibrato intensity, and CC17 = vibrato speed.
Unfortunately, Aftertouch is not an ordinary control - its number is CC131 which is beyond the 127 CC controls.
Is there any way to send aftertouch data via the custom rules?
elerouxx

Re: How to send Aftertouch CC to GPO?

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:48 pm

Actually, Aftertouch isn't a CC at all. It's its own thing, like Patch Change, Pitch Wheel, Velocity, etc
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Re: How to send Aftertouch CC to GPO?

Postby elerouxx » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:43 pm

You are right! thanks.

The CC#131 mapping is an artificial trick used apparently in some M-audio midi controllers.

I see in Notion that recording aftertouch (which I achieved by using the app Virtual Midi Controller because my midi keyboard doesn't have that) is that the Midi events are recorded as 'CP' (Channel Pressure) the same way it's PB for Pitch Bend.

It would be great if we could send midi messages via a simple staff element and also custom rules. Currently, it seems this data is out of reach.
elerouxx

Return to Custom Rules Discussion