Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Custom Rules show up in Score Setup window?

Custom Rules show up in Score Setup window?

Postby JohnF » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:48 am

Hi, I'm trying to add a new play library to my main list of VST's that show up under "Score Setup". (At the bottom right where VSL, EWQL, and others are at.) Is this possible?

I have made a new custom rules file and followed the tutorials but I can't seem to get it enabled in Notion 3 in the menu at the bottom right so that it would display (MY CUSTOM PLAY LIBRARY>Violins 1). I tried copy and pasting it into the notion 3 plugin data folder but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Does this make sense?
JohnF

Re: Custom Rules show up in Score Setup window?

Postby pcartwright » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:38 am

It does make sense, but I don't think you can add to the "supported" third party libraries at this time.

You would have to load libraries with custom rules from the 'VST Instruments' section of the score setup. Once you have loaded your instruments, save your project to the same folder that contains your custom rules folder (as described in the custom rules documentation) and your VST instruments will utilized the rules that you've written.

Does that make sense?
pcartwright

Postby JohnF » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Yeah I think so. Thanks man!
JohnF

Postby dgriffee » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:19 pm

in the "lists" subdirectory are some instrument configuration files, which if you looksee the xml there is a tag that links each instrument to one of the groups that appears on the far right side of the pallette when you are on a line of the score that has such instruments assigned. If you peruse those config files, you can find that here is a "Vsti" xml tag which you can copy the structure of and associate your own library instruments to show up there.

I run all my instruments via midi and/or VEpro, so none of the special library articulations were showing up in the pallet, so I did some fairly simple copy/paste/editing of that instrument config file to make all the EWQL and VSL special articulations also show up under the "Vsti" group in the pallet for convenience.

Hope this helps, just be careful editing (keep backup copies of the files first.)
dgriffee

Postby pcartwright » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:20 pm

dgriffee wrote:in the "lists" subdirectory are some instrument configuration files, which if you looksee the xml there is a tag that links each instrument to one of the groups that appears on the far right side of the pallette when you are on a line of the score that has such instruments assigned. If you peruse those config files, you can find that here is a "Vsti" xml tag which you can copy the structure of and associate your own library instruments to show up there.

I run all my instruments via midi and/or VEpro, so none of the special library articulations were showing up in the pallet, so I did some fairly simple copy/paste/editing of that instrument config file to make all the EWQL and VSL special articulations also show up under the "Vsti" group in the pallet for convenience.

Hope this helps, just be careful editing (keep backup copies of the files first.)

Brilliant!

This could help immensely. Was this list mentioned by Notion at all when they release the custom rules support?
pcartwright

Need Help

Postby depth142 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:24 am

Hello guys! I need your help.. can anyone of you know how to take out the abbreviation and clefs on each staff? and can it be converted into pdf??
depth142

Re: Need Help

Postby pcartwright » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 pm

depth142 wrote:Hello guys! I need your help.. can anyone of you know how to take out the abbreviation and clefs on each staff? and can it be converted into pdf??

There are programs out there that act like "virtual" printers that convert printable pages to pdf. Basically, they look like a printer to your OS and to Notion, but when you actually "print," you'll choose a location to save the pdf. I use doPDF, and it seems to work quite well.

In terms of abbreviations, I think you should be able to change "Following system titles" to "none" in "Full score options" under the "Score" menu. If that doesn't work, try removing the abbreviations given in each staff setting box.
pcartwright

Re: Need Help

Postby depth142 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:09 am

pcartwright wrote:
depth142 wrote:Hello guys! I need your help.. can anyone of you know how to take out the abbreviation and clefs on each staff? and can it be converted into pdf??

There are programs out there that act like "virtual" printers that convert printable pages to pdf. Basically, they look like a printer to your OS and to Notion, but when you actually "print," you'll choose a location to save the pdf. I use doPDF, and it seems to work quite well.

In terms of abbreviations, I think you should be able to change "Following system titles" to "none" in "Full score options" under the "Score" menu. If that doesn't work, try removing the abbreviations given in each staff setting box.

Thank you very much pcartwright! it worked quite well! ^^
depth142

Postby arkham00 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:42 am

dgriffee wrote:in the "lists" subdirectory are some instrument configuration files, which if you looksee the xml there is a tag that links each instrument to one of the groups that appears on the far right side of the pallette when you are on a line of the score that has such instruments assigned. If you peruse those config files, you can find that here is a "Vsti" xml tag which you can copy the structure of and associate your own library instruments to show up there.

Hi can you explain more in detail what to do ? Which is the file do edit ? and how ?
there is a file called TechniquesLists.xml, but I don't know what to do

tnx
arkham00

Postby dgriffee » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:14 pm

...looksee the expressionlist file, and for a great hint check out erufailon's posted ruleset and see the additions made in his custom expressionlist. I hesitate to advise on this much further, because it is all pure guesswork on my part and you could really mess up your system if not careful. I just felt that might be encouraging for you to know that it could be done and a few folks have succeded in modifying these files. The bad news is that those config files in the Lists subdirectory are all totally undocumented, so if you do go poking in there watch your step.
-DG
dgriffee

Next

Return to Custom Rules Discussion