Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Rules in kontakt 4

Rules in kontakt 4

Postby srenmp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Ok so I have watcand the the tutorials several times and still have had no luck getting notion to recognize kontakt 4 or kontakt 3 can someone shed some light on my mistake I'm sure its simple but I must be missing something.

<plugin id="1315531572"> <!-- Enter PluginID here or use <midi-out id="X"> where X = A,B,C or D for MIDI out port rules-->

<setup>
<velocity-map id="xxxx" /> <!-- choose dynamic map by id -->
<hairpin-map id="xxxx" />
<hairpin-cc value="11" />
<!-- uncomment to set return CC value for hairpins. Useful when both velocity and CC control volume as well as timbre -->
<!-- <hairpin-anchor value="75" /> -->
</setup>

<!-- Example Rules. Feel free to edit, copy and paste to create rules to suit your needs -->
</rule>
<rule name="staccatto">
<!-- Tests -->
<if articulation = "staccato"/>
<channel-change channel = "10"/>
</rule>
</rule>
<rule name="slur">
<!-- Tests -->
<if condition="under-slur" />
<if not-condition="slide-down" />
<if not-condition="slide-up" />
<!-- Instructions -->
<channel-change channel = "8"/>
</rule>
<rule name = ”legato tremolo example”>
<!-- Tests -->
<if technique = “trem”/>
<!-- Instructions -->
<channel-change channel = "7"/>
</rule>
</rule>
<rule name = ”pizzaccato example”>
<if technique = "pizz" />
<!-- Instructions -->
<channel-change channel = "4"/>
</rule>
</Kontakt >

</rule-set>
srenmp

Re: Rules in kontakt 4

Postby pcartwright » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:46 pm

I haven't looked at the whole thing, but It looks like you have a syntax error.

Your format includes a slash in the opening line:

</rule>
</rule>

Each rule should have this format:

<rule>
</rule>
pcartwright

Postby srenmp » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Thanks so much for the info it still did not work though I guess this program stuff is too difficult for me. I just can't seem to get it to go.
srenmp

Postby pcartwright » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:40 pm

srenmp wrote:Thanks so much for the info it still did not work though I guess this program stuff is too difficult for me. I just can't seem to get it to go.

Nah, I doubt it's too difficult for you. I just posted some rules that I have for Kontakt 4 for LA Scoring Strings. They seem to work ok, haven't found any bugs... yet. Anyway, download them and try substituting your channel changes with my test files and see if they work.

I've found that it's best to start with two rules (say "legato" and "not legato"), get those two rules to work perfectly, and then add additional rules one at a time testing the rules in Notion after each addition. It may sound like a long process, but you'll be able to find mistakes and correct them as they occur instead of trying to hunt down syntax errors and logic errors later.

Also, post a zip copy of your rules folder so that we can see exactly what's going on (like I did with the LASS rules)

One last thing; Erufailon (one of the users on the forum) made a java program (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=785&hilit=java+rules) that writes a rules file to be used with Notion's MIDI outputs. It's a very useful utility; try to create rules with the java program and then manually adjust the prules file for use with Kontakt.
pcartwright

Postby fabiolcati » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:07 am

Nah, I doubt it's too difficult for you.

@ srenmp
I agree.
Trust to pcartwright and follow his advice.
I started from his GPO rules and learned a lot.
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Return to Custom Rules Discussion