Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Desired custom rules functionality

Re: Desired custom rules functionality

Postby pcartwright » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:40 pm

I think it would be good to have greater control over tremolos. Playback of unmeasured tremolos is non existent on instruments without a dedicated sample/keyswitch and playback of measured and unmeasured tremolos between alternating notes does not play back at all (except for a few Notion instruments).

Playback of trills was added previously, so I hope that similar playback of tremolos of all kinds is added in the future.
pcartwright

Postby pcartwright » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Another few observations as I attempt to write additional rule sets:

I think it would be good to have control over pitch bend and aftertouch controls. Aftertouch is critical for Garritan's JABB as well as other libraries, and pitch bend can be used with just about any library.

Additionally, I think it would be nice to be able to write rules for "random" notes or a round robin capability. Something along the lines of <pitch = "C4" max = "E4" /> meaning to play a randome pitch within the C4 to E4 range. Or perhaps it would be better to list out the pitch names in case certain notes should be omitted like <pitch = "C4" "D4" "E4" /> in the event that C#4 and D#4 aren't used. A lot of libraries have round robin features built into the plugin for such a purpose, but some libraries simply have a series of notes to choose from.
pcartwright

Postby pcartwright » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:16 pm

OK, one more for me. I would like the ability to assign glissando and portamento types to custom rules. I've looked at the new rule set, but I don't think it's there. I would like to use rules for harps in particular, but I get chromatic glissandi for harps that are not supported by Notion.
pcartwright

Return to Custom Rules Discussion