Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Rules - What's new in Notion 4?

Share Custom Rules for NOTION3 and NOTIONSLE

Rules - What's new in Notion 4?

Postby elerouxx » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Hey guys, has something changed in Notion 4 custom rules? Any additional functionality, or something that now works fine? I'm just wondering if I need to know something to go on with my ruleworks...
Thanks!
elerouxx

Re: Rules - What's new in Notion 4?

Postby elerouxx » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Thank you very much! I was kind of seeking bits of information but your summary is exactly what I was looking for!
elerouxx

Postby csajdak » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:54 am

elerouxx wrote:Thank you very much! I was kind of seeking bits of information but your summary is exactly what I was looking for!

Can you repost the summary that you mentioned?

Thanks
csajdak

Postby kvapka » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:01 pm

He dont get any answer. Thats means there is no news in N4 rules, i think and electrolux think too.
kvapka

Postby dcd111 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:48 am

Actually, there are numerous improvements to custom rules in N4, and I had posted a fairly detailed summary of what I found (which is what elerouxx's second post was responding to). But for some reason every one of my posts from before December 2012 has been removed from the forum; I'm assuming it was accidental because more recent posts were not deleted and some of them were completely innocuous questions that I'm sure were not removed for content.

Anyway, I've PM'd the Admin, hopefully they can restore the removed posts. If not, I'll try to summarize the changes again (I don't have a copy of the lost post, unfortunately, so I'd have to rewrite it). I'm not affiliated with Notion in any way, the summary was just based on my own findings reading through the new documentation and through my own experimentation. I strongly suggest downloading the new custom rules documentation from the Downloads section of the site http://www.notionmusic.com/pdf/N4_Custo ... nloads.zip and reading it if you are interested in custom rules.
dcd111

Postby elerouxx » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:21 pm

Thank you very much, again!
elerouxx

Postby cbandla » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Is the basic information in the Notion 3 custom rules document still valid?
cbandla

Postby wcreed51 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:46 pm

There's documentation for custom rules in Notion 4
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby dcd111 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:42 am

cbandla wrote:Is the basic information in the Notion 3 custom rules document still valid?

You will definitely want to read the new Notion 4 custom rules documentation, because there are a lot of new conditions that can be checked and a lot of new modifications you can apply to the notes being processed. BUT... it is still useful to use the Notion 3 custom rules documentation as a reference sometimes, because the Notion 4 custom rules documentation has some big holes in it.

For example, the Notion 4 docs do not have a comprehensive list of all of the Techniques that can be checked, whereas the Notion 3 documentation does have a (mostly) comprehensive list. A few of the techniques in the Notion 3 list don't work anymore, unfortunately, but that list may point you in the right direction to experiment.
dcd111

Postby cbandla » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:45 pm

dcd111 wrote:
cbandla wrote:Is the basic information in the Notion 3 custom rules document still valid?

You will definitely want to read the new Notion 4 custom rules documentation, because there are a lot of new conditions that can be checked and a lot of new modifications you can apply to the notes being processed. BUT... it is still useful to use the Notion 3 custom rules documentation as a reference sometimes, because the Notion 4 custom rules documentation has some big holes in it.

For example, the Notion 4 docs do not have a comprehensive list of all of the Techniques that can be checked, whereas the Notion 3 documentation does have a (mostly) comprehensive list. A few of the techniques in the Notion 3 list don't work anymore, unfortunately, but that list may point you in the right direction to experiment.

Thank you.
cbandla

Next

Return to Share Custom Rules