Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Solfege Choir!

Share Custom Rules for NOTION3 and NOTIONSLE

Solfege Choir!

Postby elerouxx » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi! Playing around with Custom Rules I ended up with a funny Choir that spells note names as in solfege. The rules are in my custom Miroslav Rules and Presets here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1803

Listen to the choir here:
solfege_choir.mp3
(419.49 KiB) Downloaded 401 times

How the score is written:
score_choir_miro.jpg
score_choir_miro.jpg (44.58 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
(just needs a 'custom sounds 1' mark to start spelling the note names)

This is the notion file, but it only works if the rules are active:
solfege_choir.notion
(837.82 KiB) Downloaded 316 times

Have fun!

Emilio
elerouxx

Re: Solfege Choir!

Postby pcartwright » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Now that's pretty cool! I hope you don't mind if I look through your rules file to see how you did it.
pcartwright

Re: Solfege Choir!

Postby elerouxx » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Of course I don't mind! I actually used lots of ideas I found in your rules.

Rules are meant to be broken in, i guess...

It was actually easy because Miroslav already has the DO RE MI samples, in voices that are already split (split choir samples). So all I used was an IF pitch and then change to the appropriate channel to play the sample. I did this for every note chromatically thru 3 octaves, in legato and staccato, but I used a search and replace tool to help.

This time I had GOOD surprises with the rules syntax. For instance I found out i can <if pitch=C#4"> instead of having to use a key number. This allowed to sing DO for a C-sharp and RE for a D-flat, and made the code MUCH easier.
elerouxx

Return to Share Custom Rules