Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Miroslav Philharmonik Rules and Presets

Share Custom Rules for NOTION3 and NOTIONSLE

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik Rules and Presets

Postby elerouxx » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:46 am

Sorry I have neglected a little this set of rules. I was really focused in composition, and going over all the instrument presets again seemed like an overwhelming task.

But I'm starting to update the presets so they work, and I am working on an awesome 'feature'.

I managed to create rules for a full choir that actually sings the note names!

It sounds wonderful. A single voice sounds like a solfege, several voices feel like a big choir with lyrics. I'm putting that together and updating the files soon.
elerouxx

Postby elerouxx » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Just updated the Rules file (edited the main post).

Added the new feature: a choir that SPELL the note names as they sign, like in a solfege. You have to mark the score with 'custom sounds 1' where you want to start spelling. You can turn off it with 'normale' or any other technique.

For the 'custom sounds 1' marking, type apostrophe, "s1" (w/o the quotes)

This is an example:
score_choir_miro.jpg
score_choir_miro.jpg (44.58 KiB) Viewed 12173 times

Listen to it here:
solfege_choir.mp3
(419.49 KiB) Downloaded 600 times

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this is how Glissando sounds on a violin (had to remove it from the main post because of attachment limits):
glissando.mp3
(372.55 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
elerouxx

Postby wizstudios » Sun May 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi Elerouxx, thanks for making these new rules. I have just dowloaded Notion 4 and I'm wondering if these will work with the new software. I have looked for a PKL file in my Notion Music folders but cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated. Very new to this whole music notation software thing, but have been using Miro on Logic for a year or so now. Thanks.
wizstudios

Postby wizstudios » Mon May 20, 2013 11:17 am

I should add I'm using an iMac, so I'm not even sure if the scripts will work in this environment.
wizstudios

Postby elerouxx » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:09 am

I'm very sorry for this lapse of time. Since I started my career at the university I've had little time to update these rules. I've used Notion native sounds mostly.

But I need the miroslav rules myself. In a week the semester will end and I'll be able to take a look at the new rules system and update these rules. Thanks for your patience!
elerouxx

Postby dwpmusique » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:20 am

I like what you have done, but have tried to load your editted rules to my Notion 4 (64 bit through jBridge) and had problems with dispatch codes. Just wondering if you have updated your work for Notion 4 or do you have any ideas how I might overcome the dispatch code issues.
dwpmusique

Postby elerouxx » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:51 pm

dwpmusique wrote:I like what you have done, but have tried to load your editted rules to my Notion 4 (64 bit through jBridge) and had problems with dispatch codes. Just wondering if you have updated your work for Notion 4 or do you have any ideas how I might overcome the dispatch code issues.

Sorry, I haven't had the time to update my rules to Notion 4. I expect to be able to work later this month (my first vacations on a while), but for the time being i don't know even what the word 'dispatch' means.

I'm starting to read a little about what changed in N4. I need the solfege-choir again.
elerouxx

Postby elerouxx » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:53 am

I am sorry again. I won't update these rules anytime soon. I'm growingly worried about the notation issues (as a music student) than the playback, and have very little time to fix this. I've been using the LSO samples lately, with little need of Miroslav or GPO, plus I don't like the fact that JBridge is needed to connect Miro to Notion 64-bit. It makes my scores less portable in both my Desktop and my Notebook (a 32 bit windows tablet), which is something I need. I work at either of them and sync them using google drive and I don't want problems not having a virtual instrument here or there.

But I don't 'own' these rules!
If another user is willing to take over and go on with this, I'll be happy to help!
elerouxx

Postby Surfwhammy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:03 pm

IK Multimedia has released SampleTank 3 for pre-order with delivery beginning on August 1, 2014 for boxed media and electronic download beginning on July 24, 2014 . . .

There is introductory discount pricing for customers who have the previous version of SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik, and a few other products (bundles like Total Workstation, and so forth) . . .

If you have Miroslav Philharmonik, then the introductory discount price for SampleTank 3 is $100 (US), but this ends at the end of July 2014, at which time the regular upgrade pricing applies ($200 [US]) . . .

SampleTank 3 is 64-bit, and it plays all the samples for Miroslav Philharmonik and the other now older virtual instruments from IK Multimedia (Sonik Synth, SampleTank 2, SampleTron, SmpleMoog), but it also has 4,000 new instruments, and some but not all of the older instruments have been updated to include "round robin" and other rendering strategies . . .

SampleTank 3 (IK Multimedia)

In the US, I think that Sweetwater is the best source for boxed media, since (a) they have free shipping and (b) there is no sales tax in most states. They also provide electronic downloads, but there is a lot of data (approximately 33GB), so I am opting for the boxed media . . .

SampleTank 3 ~ Sweetwater

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Previous

Return to Share Custom Rules