Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Miroslav Philharmonik Rules and Presets

Share Custom Rules for NOTION3 and NOTIONSLE

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik Rules and Presets

Postby elerouxx » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:40 am

Hi Bob, Cat.

I'm sorry to read the bad news. I don't know why the glissando isn't working. Bob, the settings are correct. The portamento is already set to CC 20, as it should for the rules to work.

My notebook's HDD died last week, and I'm waiting for the new one to arrive so I can test over there. I wish some users reported when/if it IS working correctly, so I can see a pattern. Currently I have little clue. The only lead I have is that, when I opened Bob's file, everything was fine except the Miro interface for the instruments were cleared out with no channels configured. I thought it was because of a difference between Notion 3 and Notion SLE. Are you using the latest update?
I'll have a better idea by clean installing the software and the rules in my notebook when the HDD arrives.

I'm sure we'll eventually figure out the solution for this.
elerouxx

Postby elerouxx » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:46 am

If you are willing to help me further, please let's do the opposite: here's a notion file with a solo violin and cello from Miroslav, which should play the glissandi. Please test it, and also check if the Miro interface is correctly configured (with the channels set up).

glisstest.notion
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 538 times
elerouxx

Postby bcarwell » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:52 am

I'm back. Sorry to hear about your computer troubles. It is nice to hear in an odd way that Cat has now replicated my gliss problem as (hopefully) it shows I'm not crazy and the only one. Unfortunately I must report I downloaded your latest file and it plays all the notes correctly but without any glissando effects at all. Just so we are clear tell me exactly what to look for in the Miro interface and I'll check for it to see if its set up correctly. And certainly I am willing to continue helping you after all your hard work. - Bob
bcarwell

Postby ulrik » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:02 am

I have the same problems with glissando, it will not work here either.
ulrik

Postby elerouxx » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:00 pm

I am out of ideas. Maybe you are saving the file in a place that has another RULES folder, so the default Miroslav rules I created are not applying?

Or the oppossite, you may save the file in a folder that contains a Rules folder, and put these Miroslav rules inside the folder to assure they are being applied?
elerouxx

Postby bcarwell » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:06 pm

I had thought of that- possibly a folder problem but rejected it since the other things you had worked (e.g. bass clarinet, etc.) and since all I did was rename the existing rules folder to xxx.old so I didn't think there was any way that was creating a problem if everything else appeared to be working. But I will double check the rules folder situation and report back. I certainly hope I haven't been wasting your time with something like this...

Bob
bcarwell

Postby anp27 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:40 am

Emilio, just wanted to say THANK YOU and confirm that your rules and presets are working for me on my Macbook Pro running NOTION3. However, I didn't use the method you suggested to input the slides and glissandos. Instead of using the \ and ' key method, I chose ''port' from the entry pallette, I did the same for glissando. The result: beautiful slides and gliss with minimal effort. I spent the past week trying to get the custom rules for GPO to work to no avail, and I've finally given up. I'm definitely better off using Miroslav Philharmonik with NOTION3. Thanks again! :D
anp27

Postby elerouxx » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks, anp27!

Bob, guys, I have good, bad and more-or-less news.

The good news is that I might have figured out the problem.
It seems that the glissandi don't work because of a difference between versions of the Miroslav Philharmonik plugin. Notion presets -as well as the edited presets I published here- seem to be made for Miroslav 1.1, and the current update available at IK Multimedia is 1.1.2. (Maybe you can confirm this by posting which version is everyone using, by clicking on the INFO button).

The bad news are that the pre-configured presets don't work correctly for glissandi in Miro 1.1.2, only in Miro 1.1.

The more-or-less news is that it can be easily fixed, but I will need to edit the presets one by one. But for the time being, you can temporarily fix your instruments when you need glissando, following the instructions below:

1 - Add the Miroslav instrument to a notion staff normally - for example, Solo Violin.
2 - Open the Miroslav interface by right clicking on the staff or hitting ctrl-i
3 - Select CHANNEL 4.
4 - Look for the loaded intrument on the list at right (normally it's highlighted after selecting the channel) and DOUBLE CLICK THE SAME INSTRUMENT, reloading it to the channel
5 - Activate the LEGATO button for that channel
6 - Hit the CTL button, then the GLISS knob so a list shows up, and assign CC20 to PORTAMENTO by clicking and dragging the right column (change "n/a" to "20").
7 - Repeat steps 3 to 6 for CHANNEL 5.

Reloading the instrument for a channel resets all the settings for it, so, as you can see, editing all the presets will give me some work. I promise to do this in a week or two when I find the time. In the meantime, please tell me if this worked for you.
elerouxx

Postby elerouxx » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Here you have a zip file containing 2 presets: solo violin, and Violins I, already fixed. Please put them on the PLK folder under Notion3/plugindata folder and test them for us, guys, yes?

violins_preset.zip
(395.12 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
elerouxx

Postby joelbolan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:08 am

Working for me with the last Notion3 version and the 1.1.2 PLK!
I tried with an older version of Notion (3.1) and the 1.1.2 PLK in this case the Trill not working !
Thanks a lot Emilio
Joel

www.joel-bolan.com
joelbolan

PreviousNext

Return to Share Custom Rules