Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Realguitar + MOR + amplitube 3

Share Custom Rules for NOTION3 and NOTIONSLE

Realguitar + MOR + amplitube 3

Postby Erufailon » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi, this is my rock setup.

As you may know, I use midi-out ports only.
So the setup is as follows:
A ch1.:Realguitar Acoustic solo mode
A ch2: Realguitar set to chords mode
A ch3: RealLPC set to solo mode
A ch3: This is also routed to a midi converter that converts midi cc to program change
A ch4: RealLPC chord mode
A ch5: RealLPC set to solo mode
A ch5: This is also routed to a midi converter that converts midi cc to program change
A ch6: RealLPC chord mode

Amplitube receives midi on B15 and B16, but most of all 1 instance receives audio from Reallpc1 and the other from reallpc2, and they respectively receive midi from the converters as the patch changes are controlled via program change.

Also there is a synth on C1 with a few custom sound rules to change synth patches. And I use a few instances of play, bass on A15 from MOR and drums on A16.

I also use a custom expressionlist.tpk file, which I've included, but use it only to look at, as it is kind of like a system file for Notion, and if you change it, I don't know what it will make wrong for you. Works fine for me, but I know what I'm doing and I can fix it if it gets bad.

I have to go now, but I'll eplain how I use it tomorrow, and probably I'll post my EWQLSo setup as well. I don't intend this for anyone to use, just to look at for ideas, so really, please don't replace your expressionlist with this one, especially as I'm probably using an older build, I tend to not upgrade if something works. (And I'm not using the latest build of play yet as well, I'll probably upgrade soon though, built in wordbuilder is sweet). :)

realguitarrules.zip
rules
(9.93 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
Erufailon

Re: Realguitar + MOR + amplitube 3

Postby Erufailon » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:02 am

So how I use it:
I have a template in reaper as I explained in the opening post. I'll just go through the expressions.
* means it's a custom expression, not found in notion originaly, many of these are note expressions, so whenever I use them they apply only to the note it's on, all the others apply until turned off. This is a bit tricky, because I have to use note expressions to turn features on or off in real guitar. For example, though pm is a note expression, it turns pm on in realguitar, so it applies to all the notes until turned off.

Acoustic guitar:
Chords*: changes to midi channel 2, so allows the use of chords.
Tremolo: turns on the repetition in realguitar
+ (stop): left hand mute
pm*: right hand mute (palm mute)
circle: harmonics
smacks*: smacks
port. : slide

These are all controlled by control code messages, unless noted otherwise.

Chord positions are controlled by p,i, m, a found in the guitar tools.

RealLPC:
x01-x10: Changes the effect in amplitube. I set 10 patches for now, but it's possible to add as many as I'd like. Sends a cc message, then the converter plugin in reaper converts it to program change that allows direct patch change in amplitube.
Chords*: changes to chords mode
+: left hand mute
pm: palm mute
circle: harmonics
p: pinch harmonics
scrape*: scraping sounds
c: repetition (blends repeating sounds together to lose machine gun effect and create a more coherent sound, as I saw it works a lot as if I pressed the pedal)
bend*: bend to note
reverse bend*: bend and release
violining*: violining (play with the volume knob to create a violin-like sound)
feedback*: feedback sound
sustainer*: sustains the sound
slides: the normal slide notation turns slides on
slur: slur turn legato effect (hammer on, pull off) on, only the notes under the slur are played this way.
fall*: fall
a: increase pick position
m: decrease pick position

Midi A 9,11 and 13 are not used anymore, they should be removed, I just forgot.

Bass:
fingered: switches to fingered mode
slur: notes under slur are played legato
staccato: staccato

Drums don't have any extra rules, played as notated.

Synths use cs1-cs10 to change the patch.

My notion template is as follows:

Staffs:
Vocal: Midi B1, I use play choirs for now to write the lines, no computer based solo singer yet :)
Acoustic guitar
Electric guitar
Electric guitar 2
Bass
Drums
Synths
Synths 2

The ports and channels are as explained previously, obviously the base channel is not the chords mode one :).

This ruleset was done in my rulebuilder from scratch.
Erufailon

Postby davidmesiha » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:19 am

sweet! thanks for sharing...

any thoughts on custom rules for EWQL SC to take advantage of wordbuilder within notion? like for legato articulations and so on?

thanks again

David
davidmesiha

Postby Levine » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:44 am

Really nice!
Thank you for the great and useful contribution!
Levine

Return to Share Custom Rules