Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

GPO Custom Rules

Share Custom Rules for NOTION3 and NOTIONSLE

Re: GPO Custom Rules

Postby anp27 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:21 am

pcartwright wrote:And the rules don't work?

Sadly, no. Also, I load the instruments from 'VST Instruments' then I choose the ARIA player and load everything manually.
anp27

Postby pcartwright » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:05 am

You need to load your tracks from the "Garritan Personal Orchestra" button (in the same area as the "Notion 3 Instruments" and "VST Instruments" buttons). You bypass the rules if you load Aria from the VST Instruments button. See 1.15 in the manual for more direction.
pcartwright

Postby anp27 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:51 am

Yes, I tried loading the instruments that way too (from the Garritan Personal Orchestra button) and it didn't work at all. When I loaded a violin from the VST button, at least the glissando was working, but portamento wasn't.
anp27

Postby anp27 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:01 am

I'm really not sure why the rules aren't working... i have Miroslav Philharmonik as well and the custom rules I found for MP which i downloaded from this same forum work perfectly. I installed both sets of rules in their correct places. Yes, only MP is working.. I have actually given up on trying to use GPO in Notion since MP works perfectly.
anp27

Postby pcartwright » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:36 am

anp27 wrote:I'm really not sure why the rules aren't working... i have Miroslav Philharmonik as well and the custom rules I found for MP which i downloaded from this same forum work perfectly. I installed both sets of rules in their correct places. Yes, only MP is working.. I have actually given up on trying to use GPO in Notion since MP works perfectly.

I didn't write rules for portamento. My file corrects the legato rule and allows for a few extra articulations. Can you elaborate on what isn't working with the rules file and/or what do you want to acheive with GPO?
pcartwright

Postby anp27 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Well, I'd like it to be able to do portamento for one!
anp27

Postby pcartwright » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 pm

anp27 wrote:Well, I'd like it to be able to do portamento for one!

Is that all? Everything else works as intended?
pcartwright

Postby anp27 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:44 pm

I haven't fully tested everything else, because I've moved on from GPO and moved on to use Miroslav because all the custom rules work perfectly.
anp27

Postby pcartwright » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:12 pm

anp27 wrote:I haven't fully tested everything else, because I've moved on from GPO and moved on to use Miroslav because all the custom rules work perfectly.

Well, I wrote the rules, and they do what I want them to do... so, as far as semantics go, my rules do work perfectly. Another user posted a method that could add portamento to the GPO rules. I don't really have much use for it, but I'll add it if there are enough people who would like to see it.

Also, I'm going to try to write some rules to allow some of the JABB instruments to be used alongside GPO. Since JABB isn't supported to the same extent that GPO is, the rules and their application won't be a straight forward as I would like (I imagine we may have to do some odd things to make it work). Again, this is primarily for my own use, but I'd be happy to get feedback and/or requests on the JABB side of things.
pcartwright

Postby thorrild » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Also, I'm going to try to write some rules to allow some of the JABB instruments to be used alongside GPO. Since JABB isn't supported to the same extent that GPO is, the rules and their application won't be a straight forward as I would like (I imagine we may have to do some odd things to make it work). Again, this is primarily for my own use, but I'd be happy to get feedback and/or requests on the JABB side of things.

Dear pcartwright,
I agree, your rules are perfectly wonderful, and I am thrilled that you have shared your good work with other users. Your interest in doing something with JABB gets a big round of applause from me. I have long hoped for something like it, since the saxophones there are better than anything else I've found so far. I'll be waiting impatiently (but gratefully) for your rule set...

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

PreviousNext

Return to Share Custom Rules