Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

GPO Custom Rules

Share Custom Rules for NOTION3 and NOTIONSLE

Re: GPO Custom Rules

Postby hyperborean61 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:17 pm

I have Notion SLE with GPO4 but I'm pretty new to this. I've been trying to follow the discussion regarding slurs and it's a bit tricky for a newbie. I loaded the slur phrasing rules and I just get blurred notes with the slurs (notes have full sustain throughout the slur) when I use the string orchestra template for example. However if I build it by each instrument (violins I, II, etc.) it seems to work. I read about the standard vs. notation instrument sets in Aria so that could be a factor but I would have thought that slurs could be done the same regardless of which instruments or templates you use. As I said I'm new to this so I'll keep playing with it. I'd rather play by writing music but first things first.

Thanks.

Jim
hyperborean61

Postby pcartwright » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi Jim.

Using the notation samples is most likely the cause of the sustaining/blurred notes. If you don't mind, would you please post a notion file in which you are having this issue? I'll take a look at the file and see if I can find the issue either in the setup or in the rules file.

Regards
pcartwright

Postby anp27 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:30 am

Hi there, I use NOTION3 with GPO. I am new to the whole 'Custom Rules ' thing, I am really trying to understand everything I've read so far but nothing quite computes. I've downloaded V5 of the attached Presets and Rules zip file but I'm not sure what to do with it. Please forgive me if I sound like a complete idiot... I downloaded and read through the Custom Rules PDF from the Downloads section but could make no sense out of it. I would greatly appreciate your help.
anp27

Postby anp27 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Anybody at all?
anp27

Postby anp27 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:11 am

Is there anybody out there who can point me in the right direction?
anp27

Postby wcreed51 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:13 am

Did you look at the video tutorials in the Suport section?
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby anp27 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:35 am

Yes, I did watch those videos but they seem to be Vienna Instruments specific. I use GPO. I know he says something about it being applicable with every other software, but this is where it gets sticky for me.. I'm not sure how to apply what he talks about in the videos with/to GPO..
anp27

Postby pcartwright » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:32 pm

If using windows, go to Program Files (Program Files 86 if using a 64 bit machine) > Notion 3 > Support > PluginData

This is the location of the custom rules files and presets. Simply copy the presets and rules from V5 into the folder for GPO. I strongly recommend you copy the default rules to another location in case you prefer the original rules better.

Also, I've found that the rules don't take effect until open new Garritan instruments in Notion (either via a new project or in the process I describe here (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1285&start=20#p7997).

Does this help?
pcartwright

Postby anp27 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:54 am

pcartwright wrote:If using windows, go to Program Files (Program Files 86 if using a 64 bit machine) > Notion 3 > Support > PluginData

This is the location of the custom rules files and presets. Simply copy the presets and rules from V5 into the folder for GPO. I strongly recommend you copy the default rules to another location in case you prefer the original rules better.

Also, I've found that the rules don't take effect until open new Garritan instruments in Notion (either via a new project or in the process I describe here (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1285&start=20#p7997).

Does this help?

I'm on a Mac, I placed the folder into Applications/NOTION3/Resources/PluginData.
anp27

Postby pcartwright » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:59 am

And the rules don't work?
pcartwright

PreviousNext

Return to Share Custom Rules