Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Constant Crashing

Constant Crashing

Postby Gritstone » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:08 pm

I believe I have at least an elementary understanding of Notion SLE for Miroslav Philharmonik, as I am able to at least get started on new and imported projects. However, the program constantly crashes. Two examples: it crashes whenever I try to load a lot of instruments. I suppose I can work around that, though I'd rather not have to. More aggravating is that it crashes when I try to open the ASIO control panel (in Preferences, Audio) in order to adjust the latency buffering (so I can synchronize the audio with the MIDI input). I emailed Support several days ago with no response.

Any suggestions? [I'm running Windows XP Pro (SP3), with an AMD Phenom QuadCore Processor, 3.25 gig RAM]
Gritstone

Re: Constant Crashing

Postby astinov » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Hello there,

It seems like the reasons for the crashes are either: A) Running out of RAM (not necessarily on your machine but crossing over the 2GB limit on 32-bit software ) and/or B) ASIO driver stability issues (unfortunately many have those).

For the first type of crash, I would advise to use the Full Orchestra template and watch out for your RAM usage. For the second type of crash I am hesitant to say what the problem is, but I would first try to update my ASIO drivers.

Hope this helps

Lubo Astinov
NOTION Music
astinov

Postby Gritstone » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Thanks Lubo.

I have already been successfully using the Full Orchestra template as the work-around for the RAM problem.

As for the ASIO problem, I'm using the latest version (April, 2008) of the E-MU drivers, so I don't know what else to try. Apart from adjusting the latency buffering in the Control Panel, do you know of some other way to improve synchronization of audio output and MIDI input?

Thanks again.
Gritstone

Postby Gritstone » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Lubo:

As a follow-up, I should note that I can work around the ASIO problem by changing the latency buffering in the Control Panel of another application (in my case, either Adobe Audition or Cubase). It's awkward, though, because I have to quit Notion and restart it each time.
Gritstone

Return to NOTION SLE