Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Creating New Presets for VSL Downloadable Instruments

Creating New Presets for VSL Downloadable Instruments

Postby Adam Cullen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi,

I recently bought the VSL Concert Guitar Download Instrument. The 'Concert Guitar' preset in Notion SLE for VSL consists of a matrix with very few patches, corresponding to the limited sounds of the VSL Special Edition. What can I do to map the numerous performance commands in Notion SLE to the various patches in my downloaded instrument?

Many thanks

Adam
Adam Cullen

Re: Creating New Presets for VSL Downloadable Instruments

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:14 am

You should find what you're looking for here:

http://www.notionmusic.com/support/tutorials.html

under the SLE-VSL tab there is a video on VSL custom presets
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Adam Cullen » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi again,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the video you pointed out simply shows you how to access presets that already exist. There is no information on how I can manually map the various performance indications available in Notion SLE to patches in a new VSL instrument.

For example, if I were to follow that tutorial I would select an already existing 'concert guitar' preset from the Notion special edition folder. This preset contains a single matrix (labelled 'fulte') with only 9 cells accessing only four or five patches. My vienna instrument contains over 10gb of patches and as it stands I cannot map, for example, a 'bend string' indication in Notion to my string bending patches. I am looking for a way to map this and other such articulations.

Many thanks,

Adam
Adam Cullen

Postby astinov » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi Adam,

You are correct, you would have to use the existing Classical Guitar preset and change to add as many cells in the matrix as you need. When you save the score, this will remain saved, so you can create different templates this way.

To actually map the articulations in the score to the cells in the matrix you would need to create custom playback rules that would indicate which articulation triggers what keyswitch. There is a document in the Downloads section here which you can reference for syntax rules and commands and the videos would explain how to get those rules to work.

I hope that helps with your question.

Lubo Astinov
NOTION Music
astinov

Postby Adam Cullen » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:16 pm

Excellent, I'll give it a blast!

Thank you
Adam
Adam Cullen

Postby pbourke » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:01 pm

There is a document in the Downloads section here which you can reference for syntax rules and commands and the videos would explain how to get those rules to work.

Which document are you referring to?

Thanks
Patrick
pbourke

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:09 pm

pbourke wrote:
There is a document in the Downloads section here which you can reference for syntax rules and commands and the videos would explain how to get those rules to work.

Which document are you referring to?

Thanks
Patrick

It's the file under "Additional Downloads" should be a .zip file
Admin
Site Admin

Postby pbourke » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi - The only file that I see is the zip file with the NOTION fxp presets. It's not readable. I done see any file showing syntax rules and commands.

I must be missing something
pbourke

Postby pbourke » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Sorry Got it!
pbourke

Postby mikealexmac » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:12 pm

I've gotta say (and I don't work for Notion) that as long as you don't mind only being able to use it in this one program, Notion's classical guitar instrument sounds you can purchase sound quite good - maybe as good or even better that any other classical guitar vst. There are some limitations in playback techniques. But trade that off for how good it sounds with how easy it is to use and I can't nothing but highly recommend it.
mikealexmac

Next

Return to NOTION SLE