Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion SLE And Notion 3

Notion SLE And Notion 3

Postby DaddyO » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:01 pm

I am considering purchasing Notion SLE (or one of the major products Finale or Sibelius) for use with either GPO4 or Miroslav Philharmonik (another decision I need to make). My budget is limited.

Two things attract me Notion so far:

First, it's simplified entry palette (compared to what I'm used to in Sonar, or the Finale demo.
Second, Notion's claim that it is specifically designed to work with DAWs. That is what I will use it for, not for producing printed scores. I want to create orchestral music using VSTs and scoring entry. I'm really not a good keyboard player, so notation software as music creator becomes very attractive.

SLE gives me a low cost entry point to the product, but I want to make sure the flagship product does what I want. I notice in the SLE FAQ that Notion 3 has presets for GPO or Philharmonik. Are these presets as good as the ones in SLE? In other words, SLE versions are specifically tailored to a particular orchestral product. Less setup is required because of this, I take it. So is it more work to use Notion 3 with them, or do the presets make it just as "tailored" as the SLE versions?

Any comments on the relative merits of Notion, Finale or Sibelius as music creation tools (rather than score-generators) would be helpful.

Return to NOTION SLE