Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Recording Audio - Strange results with Notion SLE

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Recording Audio - Strange results with Notion SLE

Postby bogdan » Fri May 28, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi everybody,
I've tried to record one of my quartets but it seems like the exporting audio is not working properly or I'm doing something wrong which I' m not aware off!
The file has been created (as wave) , however it sounds only fractions of the piece. From the begining till the end all what I've got was just clips from the song on different frequencies. I've just updated the latest version of SLE, everything worked fine without any trouble. I have to say that all the time when I 've tried to repeat the proces of recording wave, in the end of the song was a sound like having all the notes coming in late to the end of the piece and as result, they formed a kind of cluster ...which doesn't have anything to do with my piece.
So if anybody has already had this kind of behavior with the exporting audio please let me know what should I have to do to solve this situation
Thanks
Bogdan
3.0 quad core , 16 g Ram , Emu 1212m Pci , 1 T hard drive Vienna Ensemble Pro, Vienna Suite, Notion SLe ,Special edition bundle+ String 1 package
bogdan

Re: Recording Audio - Strange results with Notion SLE

Postby bogdan » Sun May 30, 2010 5:52 pm

bogdan wrote:Hi everybody,
I've tried to record one of my quartets but it seems like the exporting audio is not working properly or I'm doing something wrong which I' m not aware off!
The file has been created (as wave) , however it sounds only fractions of the piece. From the begining till the end all what I've got was just clips from the song on different frequencies. I've just updated the latest version of SLE, everything worked fine without any trouble. I have to say that all the time when I 've tried to repeat the proces of recording wave, in the end of the song was a sound like having all the notes coming in late to the end of the piece and as result, they formed a kind of cluster ...which doesn't have anything to do with my piece.
So if anybody has already had this kind of behavior with the exporting audio please let me know what should I have to do to solve this situation
Thanks
Bogdan
3.0 quad core , 16 g Ram , Emu 1212m Pci , 1 T hard drive Vienna Ensemble Pro, Vienna Suite, Notion SLe ,Special edition bundle+ String 1 package

Hi again,
I forgot to mention that the play option (spacebar) is working fine with no errors at all ,when I try to hear what is written on score ; the problem is still with the exporting audio!! At the end of the song there is that terible cluster formed by previuos notes I think ...is so frustrating , being not able to move from this stage!1
Please help if u know something
Thanks Bogdan
bogdan

Re: Recording Audio - Strange results with Notion SLE

Postby bogdan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:39 am

Hi,

After many days of live free or die trying ..I've figure out at least in my case what went "wrong" with my project. It looks like with my set up Notion can't understand the fact that a music must end somehow..I inserted more measures from the begining to avoid doing this all the time, and of course in the end of the music I have to erase them and to put a double end bar as usual. But Notion still memorised them somehow and for some reason it continued to think that my music had all the measures from the begining and ignoring my end. I checked recording audio in real time because the other one was awfull and I had the chance of having a previous version saved with all the measures exactly like in the begining(that was the salvation). I recorded audio (exporting) this version and had to cut in Cubase the ending cause was extremely long!
and that's it...strange result anyway as I was saying...
Cheers
bogdan

Return to NOTION