Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Will Notion 3 transcribe from live input ?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Will Notion 3 transcribe from live input ?

Postby moon » Thu May 27, 2010 1:12 pm

Hello,
I've just been given Notion 3 as a gift . This looks absolutely great but I'm currently attempting to learn how to use several other software packages and I'm very short on time. Is it OK to ask questions here that might speed along my understanding of Notion 3 ? For example, is it capable of putting notes directly on a stave from my guitar or keyboard input ?
moon

Re: Will Notion 3 transcribe from live input ?

Postby fabiolcati » Thu May 27, 2010 1:32 pm

moon wrote:is it capable of putting notes directly on a stave from my guitar or keyboard input ?

Yes for the keyboard input: in step or real time entry mode.
I don't know about real-time-guitar input, but there's a fretboard available
you can click on to enter notes on a staff.
Hope it helps.
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby Admin » Thu May 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Welcome to NOTION3!!

You are more than welcome to ask any questions here to "help you along the way" :D

MIDI input is probably your best bet for what you're trying to accomplish. You can do this by using either a MIDI keyboard or a MIDI guitar pick up.

We've streamlined all of the MIDI input functions recently and they are working very well! Enjoy and please feel free to post any questions you may have here!

-kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby moon » Thu May 27, 2010 1:59 pm

Thank you both for your swift responses.
Yes, it's MIDI guitar that I'll be inputting , via a Roland GR20 synth, so I'm very happy to hear that Notion will transcribe from MIDI input. I'm looking forward to the chance to try it out ! Thanks again.
moon

Return to NOTION