Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion and Synful - demo

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion and Synful - demo

Postby giwro » Wed May 19, 2010 10:07 pm

So I downloaded the Synful Orchestra Demo, decided to try it in Notion and see how things work. I especially like that Synful has a really decent solo string sound - I'd love to use my Garritan Strad and Gofriller, but since I don't have a way to manually edit CC in a step-time performance, nor can I create expressions and define their playback, I wondered if maybe Synful would work better, since it uses a library of phrases to emulate reality.

Here is a demo for 2 violins and 1 viola, my arrangement of the Irish tune Bunessan http://www.evensongmusic.net/audio/orwig/Bunessyn.mp3 (in this case, cheekily renamed Bunessyn, a play on words, of course) :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Enjoy!

- Giwro
giwro

Re: Notion and Synful - demo

Postby elerouxx » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:29 am

Synful is wonderful!

Setting it up was one of the first things I tried with notion 3 demo.
Although it's a little tedious to set each instrument in case of a big orchestra score, it's worth the time and work. (it would be nice to access presets from Notion instead of setting up the vsti interface for every instrument).
Maybe it's easier to create a template with ALL instruments in a score, and delete the ones you won't use.

The only real problem is that, to get the most from Synful, you really want to use the 'delay for expression' checkbox and this means that the sound comes out 1 second later, so you'll need the non-synful instruments to delay 1 second to compensate, and it seems Notion doesn't have this 'time offset'. Or is it there somewhere?
elerouxx

Postby pcartwright » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 pm

I don't really know anything about Synful, but you could add a delay as a vst effect to each channel in Notion's mixer and set it to 1 second. There are plenty of free vst effects out there, so you should be able to find one to use in conjunction with Synful.
pcartwright

Postby elerouxx » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:03 pm

I have tried several. The ones that work in notion don't do the job, the others don't appear in the menu. If you know about some of these effects please tell me know! thanks.
elerouxx

Return to NOTION