Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Beaming with pleasure

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Beaming with pleasure

Postby thorrild » Mon May 17, 2010 9:05 am

Thank you so much for the improved beaming functionality!

It finally works as it should, and asking critical questions about it shouldn't be necessary — nevertheless:

I was working on a 9/8 file (bolero-type rhythms) when the update became available. While working in build 258, the rhythms (see picture 1) were actually beamed as the should be according to the meter. When I opened the same file in build 261, all the correct beams were broken (picture 2) and I had to manually re-beam the entire file.

Is the improved beaming function really set up to change beams in a completed file without telling the user?!
picture 1.tiff
picture 1.tiff (3.43 KiB) Viewed 4914 times
picture 2.tiff
picture 2.tiff (4.09 KiB) Viewed 4913 times

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Re: Beaming with pleasure

Postby ericsandmeyer » Tue May 18, 2010 10:07 am

I too am wicked jacked about the beaming tool fix. I was just finishing up a mvmnt. in 11/8 when your update came along and got a chance to make the groupings look like they should! Nice work and thank you. :)
ericsandmeyer

Postby robbo » Tue May 18, 2010 3:59 pm

It's clearly a great improvement. But (as someone who didn't yet buy Notion because the beam tool didn't do what I need it to do) I would still like to know - can it beam over a barline?

You can see an example of what I mean in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=462
robbo

Postby Admin » Tue May 18, 2010 5:02 pm

thorrild wrote:Thank you so much for the improved beaming functionality!

It finally works as it should, and asking critical questions about it shouldn't be necessary — nevertheless:

I was working on a 9/8 file (bolero-type rhythms) when the update became available. While working in build 258, the rhythms (see picture 1) were actually beamed as the should be according to the meter. When I opened the same file in build 261, all the correct beams were broken (picture 2) and I had to manually re-beam the entire file.

Is the improved beaming function really set up to change beams in a completed file without telling the user?!
picture 1.tiff
picture 2.tiff

Best,
Thorrild

This is a bug we've recognized and will be fixing soon :D

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby thorrild » Wed May 19, 2010 8:26 am

:D

Thorrild