Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Learning How to Copy-Paste and do Inserts

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Learning How to Copy-Paste and do Inserts

Postby DaGuy » Sat May 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Seems like a simple thing but I'm special :D

How do I copy paste several notes in front of an existing note thus leaving the existing note in place and having the additional notes in front of it? I think this is was PASTE INSERT is supposed to do except I can't get it to work.

Here's what I'm doing:

1. Highlight (turn orange) the notes I want to copy. SInce I'm on a mac command-v to copy.
2. Move to the note I want to insert in front off. Get a light green bar over the note.
3. Control click on the green bar (I'm on a mac) to get the context menu
4. Select EDIT > PASTE INSERT

And nothing happens... Also seems like too many steps.

It's a simple thing but is getting a tad frustrating.

Thanks in advance!
DaGuy

Re: Learning How to Copy-Paste and do Inserts

Postby Rudi » Sun May 16, 2010 4:05 am

I don't think you're too special ;-)

The copy and paste thing could be more comfortable in Notion. I have this work-around:

Copy the notes you want to paste. Put a rest before the note you want to paste your notes in. Control+Click there (the area should be yellow not green), select EDIT > PASTE INSERT.

Hope I could help!
Rudi

Re: Learning How to Copy-Paste and do Inserts

Postby DaGuy » Sun May 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks Rudi, that helps. Especially the part about me not being special. I was worried I was the only one who stumbled with this. I also put in a feature request for this item.
DaGuy

Return to NOTION