Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Help with rewire

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Help with rewire

Postby pcartwright » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Erufailon wrote:Tried it both ways. No rewire.

You may want to try reinstalling rewire if you can't see it as an option from any rewire compatible host. I think rewire is supposed to be included in rewire compatible programs, but I've had to reinstall it every now and then when I update software.

Try this link as a starting place (http://www.propellerheads.se/download/updates_rewire/).
pcartwright

Postby ulrik » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:28 pm

I just wanted you all Reaper and Notion owners to know that I just had a respond from the Reaper team regarding the rewire communication issues between Reaper and Notion, you can read the post over here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php? ... post564373

So now, both the Notion and the Reaper teams are working together on this bug...... :D

regards Ulrik
ulrik

Postby fabiolcati » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:49 am

ulrik wrote:So now, both the Notion and the Reaper teams are working together on this bug...

Very good new, Ulrik.
I'm interested into adding Reaper to my gear: how do you feel with it?
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby ulrik » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:28 am

fabiolcati wrote:
ulrik wrote:So now, both the Notion and the Reaper teams are working together on this bug...

Very good new, Ulrik.
I'm interested into adding Reaper to my gear: how do you feel with it?

Hi my friend! :)
I have just bought reaper so I can't really tell how I feel bout it yet. I bought it because Reaper have the rewire function to read the tempo from the slave (in my case this would be Notion), imagine to sync Reaper with the tempo changes made in Notion and make multitrack audio recordings at the same time in Reaper, and everything will be in perfect sync!!
(unfortunately this is a bug in Reaper at the moment that stopped me from further investigations :? )
That was my purpose for bying Reaper.
ulrik

Postby Erufailon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:21 am

Opps. So if I start reaper first and I don't start Notion then I have rewire, but if I started Notion already (even if I started it after reaper) then I don't. I hope this gets resolved soon, I'm running arpeggiators in reaper controlled by notion, and at the moment I can't change the tempo in N3 or they go out of sync. Any workarounds known?
Erufailon

Postby pcartwright » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:25 am

Erufailon wrote:Opps. So if I start reaper first and I don't start Notion then I have rewire, but if I started Notion already (even if I started it after reaper) then I don't. I hope this gets resolved soon, I'm running arpeggiators in reaper controlled by notion, and at the moment I can't change the tempo in N3 or they go out of sync. Any workarounds known?

Do you add the Notion rewire "effect" in Reaper before you try to open Notion? I believe you need to have Repaer pointing to/looking for Notion (i.e. have the effect enabled) before Notion will show work as rewire slave.
pcartwright

Postby Erufailon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Yeah, but still no connection, but isn't this thread about that bug? I mean is there a workaround for this tempo syncing bug?:)
Erufailon

Postby pcartwright » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Erufailon wrote:Yeah, but still no connection, but isn't this thread about that bug? I mean is there a workaround for this tempo syncing bug?:)

This thread has shifted to a discussion of the tempo sync bug, but as far as I can tell, basic rewire functionality between Reaper (as host) and Notion (as slave) works just fine.

Have you tried reinstalling rewire?

Are you a windows user? If so, check your processes (“ctr+alt+del” –> task manager –> processes) and make sure rewire isn’t running in the background. If rewire continues to run while Reaper and Notion are closed (which can sometimes happen if a program using rewire crashes or closes out of order), then you may not be able to access rewire in a new application. Simply close out any programs that are possibly running rewire, end the rewire process, and then re-open Reaper followed by Notion.

I’m sure mac computers have some sort of process view (though I have no way of knowing where to look), so if you run on a mac, you may want to see if the rewire process is still in effect after Reaper and Notion are closed.
pcartwright

Postby pcartwright » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:30 am

Admin wrote:
ulrik wrote:Is there some news about this issue?
I also have problems with reaper and notion in rewire mode, I am able to run reaper as host and notion as slave, however reaper has an "allow tempo changes from slave" function that I am unable to get to work.

Raygriffinmusic, if you want to have all Notions rewire channels available in Reaper you're able to set them, first make a couple of new tracks so you will have as many as you'll use from Notion rewire, click the fx button on the first track and choose Notion rewire, click ok, then you'll get a window where you can set "Audio from Rewire", you can assign "Rewire Output" to "Track Channel"

Peter 5992, I managed to run Reaper as host and Notion as slave only if I record armed the first track in Reaper.

I hope there will be a fix for the Notion3 rewire issues soon.........

regards / Ulrik

This issue is with Reaper...we've notified them and are waiting on a fix. I'll certainly post as soon as we hear anything from the folks over at Reaper.

Just wanted to bring this up again to see if any progress has been made in rewire and if anyone knows if Cockos/Reaper issued a fix.
pcartwright

Postby pcartwright » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:16 am

Does anyone (admin, lubo, etc) know if this issue has been ironed out?
pcartwright

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION