Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Help with rewire

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Help with rewire

Postby josepmateu » Sat May 15, 2010 6:55 am

Hello !

I tried to run reaper as rewire slave with notion 3, but don't play. First, in mixer I create rewire channel, and after open reaper in slave mode, but when I push Play in Notion, notion starts playing but reaper doesn't nothing. I tried to slave another applications for discart a reaper error, but with melodyne 3 is the same.

When I do the same but with samplitude as host and reaper or melodyne as slave , no problem, all is perfect. I think the problem is with notion. Rewire is enabled in preferences. Is a another configuration or action I missed ?
Can someone help me ?

Notion and reaper are updated to last version.

Thanks !
josepmateu

Re: Help with rewire

Postby josepmateu » Sat May 15, 2010 7:19 am

more information...

notion slaved to samplitude works fine. The problem is when notion acts as a host.
josepmateu

Postby klushund » Thu May 20, 2010 8:41 am

I have the same problem. The guys from cockos told me that they contacted notion to solve this issue.
klushund

Postby raygriffinmusic » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:28 am

I'm also having problems running Notion3 as a rewire host with Reaper. Doesn't respond at all with N3 as a slave.

N3 as a host sends audio to track in Reaper but transport controls don't sync.

I'm using a new version of Reaper, and a very recent build of N3 (the one released before Soundcloud integration).

I don't know if I'm missing something big (also had problems with Cubase SX3) is there a tutorial maybe somewhere on Reaper/N3 Rewire?
raygriffinmusic

Postby Admin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:10 pm

This is something we're aware of and are working to resolve....

sorry I can't give you a better answer, but that will have to do for now....
-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby peter5992 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:51 pm

I'm also (still) having trouble with ReWire - can't run Notion 3 either as a master or a slave with either Reaper or Sibelius (Sibelius running as a slave).

In Reaper (as master), when I insert Notion as slave, Notion does not start automatically as I believe it should. If I start it after starting Reaper, it doesn't start in ReWire mode (or so it seems) and has significant playback issues (loud bursts etc - suggesting of conflicting audio drivers).

Using Notion as master, when I activate either Sibelius or Reaper as slave the mixer indicates that they are routed to bus A, but again neither Sibelius nor Reaper starts automatically. When I start either Sibelius or Reaper manually, they don't start in ReWire mode and there are audio issues.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Peter
www.summeroflovemusic.com
peter5992

Postby raygriffinmusic » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:01 am

peter5992, what procedure do you use to start a Rewire session?
I managed a modicum of success last night after hours/days of playing around, although the results weren' what you'd call perfect. With Reaper as master I managed to have Notion send audio to one Reaper channel, although it would only sync when I used the Notion (slave) transport. Also I could not send different instruments to different channels, so the whole Notion output is consigned to one Reaper channel, with no option of bussing. This is just about workable for adding live instruments/vox to Notion sequences, but doesn't seem as malleable as Reason is as a Rewire slave, for instance. Hopefully future updates will improve the situation.
raygriffinmusic

Postby peter5992 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:13 am

raygriffinmusic wrote:peter5992, what procedure do you use to start a Rewire session?

I open the FX bus in one of my tracks, and insert Notion from the ReWire submenu. That should start up Notion (but it doesn't).
peter5992

Postby ulrik » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:34 am

Is there some news about this issue?
I also have problems with reaper and notion in rewire mode, I am able to run reaper as host and notion as slave, however reaper has an "allow tempo changes from slave" function that I am unable to get to work.

Raygriffinmusic, if you want to have all Notions rewire channels available in Reaper you're able to set them, first make a couple of new tracks so you will have as many as you'll use from Notion rewire, click the fx button on the first track and choose Notion rewire, click ok, then you'll get a window where you can set "Audio from Rewire", you can assign "Rewire Output" to "Track Channel"

Peter 5992, I managed to run Reaper as host and Notion as slave only if I record armed the first track in Reaper.

I hope there will be a fix for the Notion3 rewire issues soon.........

regards / Ulrik
ulrik

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:49 am

ulrik wrote:Is there some news about this issue?
I also have problems with reaper and notion in rewire mode, I am able to run reaper as host and notion as slave, however reaper has an "allow tempo changes from slave" function that I am unable to get to work.

Raygriffinmusic, if you want to have all Notions rewire channels available in Reaper you're able to set them, first make a couple of new tracks so you will have as many as you'll use from Notion rewire, click the fx button on the first track and choose Notion rewire, click ok, then you'll get a window where you can set "Audio from Rewire", you can assign "Rewire Output" to "Track Channel"

Peter 5992, I managed to run Reaper as host and Notion as slave only if I record armed the first track in Reaper.

I hope there will be a fix for the Notion3 rewire issues soon.........

regards / Ulrik

This issue is with Reaper...we've notified them and are waiting on a fix. I'll certainly post as soon as we hear anything from the folks over at Reaper.
Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to NOTION