Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Accents

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Accents

Postby JaxonBridge » Mon May 03, 2010 1:06 pm

I'm having a lot of fun discovering the well-thought-out features of Notion for working with VSTs. The one issue I need some advice with is in implementing effective dynamic accents. The dynamic markings and hairpins are working great for me with EWQL. When needed, I can use the mod wheel in a separate sequencer staff to change dynamics that way too. So awesome and easy.

However I'd like to know how to have individual notes play with higher velocity than their surrounding notes. Unlike other dynamic markings, an accent added to a note does nothing for me. How do you all make accents play back?

Jaxon.
JaxonBridge

Re: Accents

Postby Rudi » Fri May 14, 2010 2:54 am

Hi Jaxon, I'm not sure whether understanding well your problem. What you possibly can do: Push the TAB-key, then you see grey horizontal areas right to your notes. While pressing the ALT-key you and using the up or down arrow-keys you can change values. But I have no idea how to really control it. And I didn't find this feature in the manual...
Rudi

Re: Accents

Postby Rudi » Sun May 16, 2010 4:39 am

I've found in the User's Manual (p. 55, [chapter 3.15]) how to perfectly control velocity in the Sequencer Overlay mode (press TAB):

NOTION3 allows you to view both notation and performance information within the same staff. This special mode is called Sequencer Overlay and can be accessed via View > Show > Sequencer Overlay (or by pressing TAB).
When you enable Sequencer Overlay you will see bars appearing on top of the noteheads in your score. Those bars represent the note’s duration and position and even velocity or dynamic.
By clicking and dragging on the end points of the bars you can adjust the note’s start and end times as well as “when” the note starts in the measure.
You will notice that those bars may have different colors or they may just be grey. Grey bars take their dynamics and velocity information from the score. Colored bars represent custom or recorded velocity and override score dynamics in playback. The color of the bars can go from blue to red with blue being low in velocity and high being red.
You can click on a note’s bar and the velocity of that note will be indicated by a number immediately following the bar to the right. To customize or adjust the velocity you can:
♦♦Double-click the middle point of the bar and manually type in your desired value
♦♦Use Alt+Up/Down Arrow to change in increments of 10
♦♦Use Shift+Alt+Up/Down Arrow to change in increments of 1
♦♦Use Velocity Overdub to play-in the velocities of the notes
--------------------------------------
Rudi

Return to NOTION