Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Tremolo between notes

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Tremolo between notes

Postby Unfinished » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 pm

I would just like to ask if putting a tremolo/tremolo/roll between notes works properly, because I have found that (on the piano at least) putting a double-line (semiquaver) roll between two notes only plays them for half the duration I think they are supposed to last (i.e. dotted minim = dotted minim (where = is the tremolo) plays the tremolo for the duration of half a dotted minim and plays the last dotted minim for the other half of the duration (or at least that's what I think is happening). Also an unmeasured roll (three lines) between notes doesn't play, which I assume is because you don't have recordings of tremolos like this rather than it being a bug.

Just thought I'd mention it :)
Unfinished

Re: Tremolo between notes

Postby thorrild » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Dear Unfinished:

It doesn't work. Here's what I've found (and reported to Notion) about the matter:

Fingered tremolo only works as notated if the interval is a second. It is then played back as a trill. If the interval is bigger, at least two things can happen:
- If the tremolo has 2 beams, the first pitch will repeat for half the duration of the tremolo; the second pitch is ignored.
- If the tremolo has 3 beams, the first pitch will be struck once (or was it both pitches at once? I forgot...).

Let's hope your mention of it here moves it up a notch on the Let's-Fix-This-Now ladder at Notion HQ.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to NOTION