Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Using Miroslav with N3

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Using Miroslav with N3

Postby Lester » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi Joerg:

Thanks for your reply.

After speaking with tech support for two hours on the phone and at the end of it all getting nowhere with this issue, I had quite frankly given up on getting to use the multi timbral capabilities inherent with Miroslav and hoped that someday they would address it (or I would get VO...which apparently works quite well in this way).

Now you come along and say you've been able to get this working. Wow...this is exciting news.

The only problem for me is...I'm a little dense and can't quite figure out how you've done it. A few questsions.

What do you mean by "instrument change" window? Are you talking about the staff settings box where you can change instruments? When I use that the way you seem to be describing, it simply opens a new instance of miroslav...a blank one, no doubt (wihout any instrument assigned), but a new instance nonetheless. I don't see anywhere to specify midi channel within N3...only from within the miroslav window.

I am extremely excited that you seem to have figured out a way to "attach" staves to one instance of miroslav. Would you be willing to give me slightly more detailed instructions on how you're doing it?

Thanks in advance.
Lester

Postby Lester » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Joerg:

NEVERMIND!!!....I think I finally got it...there was a basic step in there that I had been missing...also when I wrote the last post I had forgotten about the "shift I" dialog box for changing instruments...anyway

thanks a million this is great.
Lester

Postby Dave Dominey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:35 pm

hi folks

just upgraded from SLE to full version mainly so i could use sampletank.

ive managed to set up the staves to use the multi-timbral feature but im having a couple of problems.

firstly... does notion support the multi-out channels from sampletank? or do all the outputs have to go through one channel?

secondly... when renaming the staves they all seem to snap to the name of the first stave that i created (the one with sampletank on)... is it possible to name them individually?

any ideas?

cheers
dave
Dave Dominey

Previous

Return to NOTION