Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Installation problem

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Installation problem

Postby johnno » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Help!

Hi All,

My laptop runs XP and is set up with an Admin account and a limited User account. I load all software using the Admin account so I loaded Notion 3 and the two Plug-Ins supplied, and registered them. In the Admin account everything worked and I had a good play with it to test it.

When I eventually switched to the User account Notion reported it could not find the plug-ins. I contacted Notion who told me to create a folder C\Programs\Steinberger\VstPlugins and reload the plug-ins into it. I did this and it had no effect. So I used Windows to remove the whole Notion 3 set-up intending to reload it in the User account, reasoning that it would then work in that account and it didn't matter if it didn't work in the Admin account. However Windows cannot now find anything on the installation DVD #1: it's as though it's blank. DVD#2 is fine. What's going on?

(I've contacted the same guy who suggested the fix but he's probably off for the weekend now)
johnno

Re: Installation problem

Postby wcreed51 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Why would you not run your system with the Admin account?
wcreed51

Re: Installation problem

Postby johnno » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:19 pm

The Admin account has full access to the computer, the User account doesn't. My User account can run all the applications software that I need for normal activities but cannot make changes to the system. If I accidentally pick up malware while snooping the net (happened to me twice) it is limited in the damage it can inflict on my system through being contained in the user area.

None of this should affect Notion. It's never affected any other application.
johnno

Return to NOTION