Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

EWQL Plugin ID

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

EWQL Plugin ID

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Thank you for the tutorials on the custom rules. It would be really helpfull.

Only if I could find out what the plugin ID is for my VST.

I have the EWQL gold professional XP. Not the new play version, but the old Kompakt version.

The tutorial said I must go to Kvr and search for the VST manager. Well, the search only came up with the Wusic VST manager for which I must pay first. I was hoping more like the Plugin ID would be easier to get than that. I am sure there are many people here who has the same Vsti. Has anybody any idea what the ID is?
sepheritoh

Re: EWQL Plugin ID

Postby wcreed51 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:35 pm

I had the same problem on KVR, but found someone who recomended this:

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

Bill
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby sepheritoh » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:20 pm

OK, no I am not happy anymore. I asked NI, as was suggested in the tutorial. It took them half a week to come up with the following response.

"we would like to inform you that since March 2009 Native Instruments has ceased technical support for all products based on the INTAKT Player and KOMPAKT Player platforms. Native Instruments will naturally continue to provide registration support for these products."

This is a company that actually happily accepts my money and is not even prepared to divulge the "secret information" unless I pay them more money to upgrade (as if this kind of support would convince me).

As none of the suggestions up to now reaped any results of any use, the brilliant new feature in Notion is of no use to me yet. I would really appreciate it if somebody can just help me with this "secret number" which the makers of the software refuses to reveal.
sepheritoh

Postby pcartwright » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Does EastWest have a support site? You might try that next; I'm sure someone has the needed info.
pcartwright

Postby ulrik » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:12 pm

sepheritoh wrote:OK, no I am not happy anymore. I asked NI, as was suggested in the tutorial. It took them half a week to come up with the following response.

"we would like to inform you that since March 2009 Native Instruments has ceased technical support for all products based on the INTAKT Player and KOMPAKT Player platforms. Native Instruments will naturally continue to provide registration support for these products."

This is a company that actually happily accepts my money and is not even prepared to divulge the "secret information" unless I pay them more money to upgrade (as if this kind of support would convince me).

As none of the suggestions up to now reaped any results of any use, the brilliant new feature in Notion is of no use to me yet. I would really appreciate it if somebody can just help me with this "secret number" which the makers of the software refuses to reveal.

What os are you using? I ask because there must be some vst host that reads the information about the plugin and also the unique id number for it, I use Logic a lot on mac os and I can get all id's from my plugins via the au validator inside Logic, unfortunately Logic doesn't support vst's but don't you have some sort of host that are able to give the information regarding the plugins? If I remember right, Cubase have the info in some meny somewhere about the loaded vst's.

Or maybe someone else with the same plugins you have can find out?
Unfortunately I don't have them myself :(

regards / Ulrik
ulrik

Postby Cerb » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:19 pm

From a quick review of the link given by wcreed51, it seemed that the software to which it is dedicated may be able to read the plug-ins ID number.
But I might as well have misunderstood, maybe you can give it a try?
Cerb

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:41 pm

That's exatly what it does.

BTW, I never even got a reply from NI when I enquired about the ID of Kontakt 4.

Bill
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby posssu » Sun May 30, 2010 6:41 pm

Does anyone happen to know the plugin id for the new Kontakt 4 beta? It seems, that they increment the plugin id with each new release, so this means using Kontakt will be a painful experience for Notion users: you have to edit the Rules file after every Kontakt update on every project you want to open.

I also decided to test out the custom rules writing, but it stopped to getting the plugin id as well. I tried the link above, but I'm on a mac, so it doesn't work. I don't own Logic either.
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby duka » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:53 am

Ok, here is the thing.

First download "vsthost" from link wcreed51 provided above.
Than look for plugin uniqe ID wich is written in hex, only thing you have to do is to convert that number to dec. Just type in google hex to dec, and find site that converts that. So, plugin ID for EWQL PRO XP Gold is 1163423797.
duka

Return to NOTION