Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Submitting Bug Reports

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Submitting Bug Reports

Postby apostle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:52 am

Could you define 'shortly' as I have now been waiting two weeks. Alternatively, who do I see about a refund? In case you haven't guessed I think your customer support stinks.
apostle

Postby matt_2013 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:26 pm

apostle wrote:If that e-mail address is support@notionmusic.com then that doesn't elicit any response. I submitted this on the 21st

I have recently purchased Notion, but downloading any instrument is taking a ridiculously long time. I am trying to download the full pack, but also went just for the Electric Guitar (over 2 hours). I have no problems with other downloads.

When I finally got the Electric Guitar downloaded and unzipped it refused to install with the following message

The sound file 'Electric Guitar.prox' could not be installed: boost::filesystem::create_directory: Permission denied: "/Library/Application Support/Notion Music/Notion 4/Sounds"

I am running on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.8.2

Could you assist please

Regards

Mike Thompson

Any chance someone could help me, because as far as I am concerned I've just spent £84 on a heap of rubbish. and no-one appears to be bothered.

I had the same/similar issues when I installed Notion on my MacBook Pro. The download was very slow and I just let it run over night.

With respect to the installation, at the time I guessed the problem was caused by me using a regular account (as opposed to an account with admin rights) when trying to install the sounds. A simple solution for you might be to temporarily change your account settings such as to give yourself administrative rights and then try to install again. I haven't tried this though.

What I did instead was to unzip the the files and move them to my public folder. Then I logged into my administrative account from the command line using the 'su' command and then moved the files into place using 'sudo mv ...'. The error message that you got tells you where the files need to go ("/Library/Application Support/Notion Music/Notion 4/Sounds"). Then I had to point Notion to the sound directory again in the preference. After that all was fine. (I hope I haven't forgotten any steps - its been a few weeks).

I hope this helps.
M.

PS Come to think of it another simple solution might be to simply create a folder, unzip the files into that folder and then point Notion to that directory in its preferences. The down side to this would be that only you can use the sounds as opposed to any user on your system.
matt_2013

Postby apostle » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Thanks matt_2013. I will give this all a try. What I am disgusted about is that there has been no official response. Obviously been too busy over Christmas/New Year. Hopefully if your try doesn't work then I will just have to hope that somebody pops in sometime and reads the complaints.
apostle

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:10 pm

apostle wrote:Thanks matt_2013. I will give this all a try. What I am disgusted about is that there has been no official response. Obviously been too busy over Christmas/New Year. Hopefully if your try doesn't work then I will just have to hope that somebody pops in sometime and reads the complaints.

Give Brian in tech support a call.

1-866-398-2994

If you're still having problems he'll get you set up.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby apostle » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 am

I have to call USA for support! No thanks, I'll my put my purchase down to experience and make sure everyone is aware that if you live in the UK it will cost a fortune for support. Really disappointed in the whole experience. No doubt you will remove this like you removed my last post, but you don't control every forum in the world.
apostle

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:59 am

apostle wrote:I have to call USA for support! No thanks, I'll my put my purchase down to experience and make sure everyone is aware that if you live in the UK it will cost a fortune for support. Really disappointed in the whole experience. No doubt you will remove this like you removed my last post, but you don't control every forum in the world.

Or....you could email as mentioned before. I'll check with Brian to make sure he has addressed your issue.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:32 am

apostle wrote:I have to call USA for support! No thanks, I'll my put my purchase down to experience and make sure everyone is aware that if you live in the UK it will cost a fortune for support. Really disappointed in the whole experience. No doubt you will remove this like you removed my last post, but you don't control every forum in the world.

Unfortunately we have no record of your request in tech support. Brian will be getting in touch with you shortly.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in support for your issue. We take pride in being able to offer top-notch support and issues like this do NOT normally occur.

Once again we are sorry that you've had a less than desirable experience installing the program and Brian will be in touch with you directly to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Caffler » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:41 pm

matt_2013 wrote:
PS Come to think of it another simple solution might be to simply create a folder, unzip the files into that folder and then point Notion to that directory in its preferences. The down side to this would be that only you can use the sounds as opposed to any user on your system.

I had this problem too and solved it along the lines suggested here.
In Library>Application Support the Sounds folder in Notion had a wee no entry sign on it, and I couldn't access it, nor could I just delete it. I created a new folder called Sounds on the desktop and put it into the Notion folder and clicked on "replace" when prompted and then installed the musical instruments as normal and Notion found it without any problem.
I don't know why this problem occurred I installed everything from the Admin account.
Caffler

Previous

Return to NOTION