Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Tutorials

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Tutorials

Postby ulrik » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Erufailon wrote:How can you solve this:
For example, if I have 3 play vstis in my score, what plugin id do I use for #1, #2, and #3?

I have the same issue, how do I, in the prules file, adress the first, second etc.. of my vsti if they have the same unique id?

regards / Ulrik
ulrik

Postby ulrik » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:18 pm

wcreed51 wrote:I agree; Bank\Patch change is essential.

I agree on this as well.
+1
ulrik

Postby gfcalvi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:14 pm

How can you solve this:
For example, if I have 3 play vstis in my score, what plugin id do I use for #1, #2, and #3?

I suppose the plugin id identifies the plugin type (e.g. play, kontakt, etc.).
To address different "sounds" in different istances of a plugin type you should probably rely on the "instrument id". If you look at the included rules for ewqlso play ou will find an extended use of this test condition ("if instruments id=10023").

Unfortunately the meaning of this "instrument id" is not explained in the tutorial and even in the downloadable explanation pdf.

I would love to build rules for a template that includes Lass Strings and Project Sam Brass, but without control of the "instrument id" this seems impossible.

GF
gfcalvi

Postby fandango » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:18 am

Thank you to Lubo et al for giving us the tutorial on custom rules! :)

I'm still wondering how Notion would know if I was using GPO, EWQLSO or Kirk Hunter library on the track as they are all wrapped inside Kontakt 4 which only has one plugin ID.

Perhaps Notion could also send a "preset" ID? I'm still playing around with the custom rules, so my question may already be answered.
fandango

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:14 am

It doesn't know. You could have anything in Kontakt, but have to create rules based on the channel, and how the library responds to MIDI
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby fandango » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks. Hmm, as I suspected. It's a shame as I prefer to do everything inside Kontakt 4. I'll also never upgrade EWQLSO to the Play version.

In Overture, you select an (XML) preset directly on the track which pulls all the relevant rules keyswitches etc. into the context of the stave, regardless of what VSTi is loaded. In Notion it seems the plugin ID is what gets recognised. Hopefully some method might be added whereby custom rules can be accessed inside Notion on a per-stave basis.
fandango

Postby gfcalvi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:11 am

Hi,
as I sayd in a previous post, I suppose that to do what you were doing with Overture you need to know
- the plugin id for kontakt
- the instrument id for the specific instrument inside the library

Bye
GF
gfcalvi

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:20 am

The Plugin ID for Kontakt 4 is 1315531572. I think Instrument IDs are only for libraries with fixed structure, like EWQL.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby kant » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:59 pm

ulrik wrote:

I have the same issue, how do I, in the prules file, adress the first, second etc.. of my vsti if they have the same unique id?

regards / Ulrik

i would like a solution for this too.
i want to make custom rules for my Vienna Insruments but it seems i can't specify which VI instance the custom rule applies to.
kant

Postby ulrik » Sat May 01, 2010 8:50 am

This is not a solution it's just a thought that it might be possible to use the "flag" function in the "custom rules" setup to make different rules effect different instruments in same type of vsti instance? If I understand it correctly the "flag" function reads the name of the instrument (patch) and if it's so you could name the instruments to different (4 characters) names and use the <if flag = "xxxx"/>
Anybody knows if that will work? or if I have missunderstood the "flag" option?

regards / Ulrik
ulrik

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION