Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 3.1 is out

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 3.1 is out

Postby Novatlan » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:03 pm

see title... just downloading.
I hope we will see a detailed changelog :)
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Re: Notion 3.1 is out

Postby wcreed51 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:13 pm

I'm getting an error that says "3.0.255.exe is not found"
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby labou » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Hi,

On the subject of update, I just received the DVD, but I already had a few sounds installed with the demo and if I recall correctly they did fix something in the sound files themselves(looping problem...) so I guess the sound files on the DVD are useless since they will have that problem, but I can't find where to download the updated sounds files, is it through the demo page? Also the automatic update is still loading up 3.0.250.

Thanks.
labou

Postby astinov » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I'll post the changelog soon, in the meantime:

@wcreed51: This problem should now be fixed, just try again...

@labou: What you can do is simply Copy the sounds from the DVD to your Sounds folder and choose not to overwrite any prox files already there. Then launch NOTION and select the Sounds folder again in your Preferences-Audio to make sure the new sounds are recognized.

Hope this helps!

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby 4tune » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up Novatlan,

and thanks for the update Lubo, looks like you have been working hard this Easter :)
4tune

Postby jazzalien » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Guitar "Pre-bend string", "Pre-bend and release string" and "very short bends" are STILL NOT YET working.

I'm very frustrated about it.

Sorry, but this is the SIXTH update. Bends are very basic (on bord) functions. No EWQL, VSL, GPO or other third party stuff.

Yes, I have made a Topic, Replys and a Bug Report...

Best regards
jazzalien

Postby scarter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:56 pm

In the list of fixes, I see something about opening Notion 2 guitar files. However, with the new build, when I open Notion 2 guitar files, I still do not see chord symbols. Is this something that was supposed to be fixed in this build?

Steve
scarter

Postby Bird Tune » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:14 pm

This update has caused me a host of problems. N3 says it can't find my NTempo sound files, and shows a warning on the mixer, the Palette and the Fretboard do not show and some of the articulations on my Expansion sounds work on one measure then not work on the next. My N3 was working great before the install. Is there anyway to back out of an update? These are what I encountered in less than ten minutes, and keep in mind, N3 was sailing along great before the update.
Bird Tune

Postby astinov » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:06 am

jazzalien wrote:Guitar "Pre-bend string", "Pre-bend and release string" and "very short bends" are STILL NOT YET working.

I'm very frustrated about it.

Sorry, but this is the SIXTH update. Bends are very basic (on bord) functions. No EWQL, VSL, GPO or other third party stuff.

Yes, I have made a Topic, Replys and a Bug Report...

Best regards

Hi Jazzalien,

I realize you are frustrated that we did not get to fixing the pre-bends. Mind you we did fix a lot of the bends issues with the previous builds. We will take care of this too, it is high on the list of things to do, and we will fix it soon.

What is the "very short" bends problem you are mentioning. They seem to run fine for me here or I'm not understanding you correctly.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby astinov » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:14 am

Bird Tune wrote:This update has caused me a host of problems. N3 says it can't find my NTempo sound files, and shows a warning on the mixer, the Palette and the Fretboard do not show and some of the articulations on my Expansion sounds work on one measure then not work on the next. My N3 was working great before the install. Is there anyway to back out of an update? These are what I encountered in less than ten minutes, and keep in mind, N3 was sailing along great before the update.

Hi Bird Tune,

Actually the warnings on the mixer are a new feature, they help you track down missing sounds/plugins/effects from scores. Before, there was no way to know if you are missing an effect or an instrument, there was no indication.

However, if you import a .ntn file and it says that you "Ntempo sounds are not installed" and this is all that the warning msg has, then there is a quick fix for it - just go to your N2 imported NTempo staff and Ctrl+Shift+T to bring up the staff properties and switch it to a NOTION3 Ntempo staff. This should fix it.

About the missing Palette and Fretboard. We have not seen this here, nor has it come in through our beta testing. Are you sure you have Show Palette on and Show Fretboard On in your View menu ? Check to make sure they are set to be showing and let me know if you still don't get them. Also, please send the score with the articulations that do not work to Tech Support so we can have a look and see whats going on. We will get back to you on that after we see the score.

Thanks, sorry for the troubles, I hope this helps!

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Next

Return to NOTION