Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Very OT about EWQL Play Plat. Plus

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Very OT about EWQL Play Plat. Plus

Postby Raymond Robijns » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:29 am

Hello folks,

somewhere I've read that EWQL SO, Platinum Plus... in fact all EWQL SO samples ... do have a bit too much reverb. I am used to work with SONAR 8.5.3 and Altiverb. Is this all true or are there also "dry" samples available? I'd wished to know before I buy this huge HD-consuming package[and also eating my budget].

Much obliged,
Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Re: Very OT about EWQL Play Plat. Plus

Postby mkiz » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:27 pm

The EWQLSO platinum plus version contains 3 mic positions, - close, full, and surround. The close mics are pretty dry. The full and surround samples have some reverb, but not artificial--it is sampled reverb from the hall where the samples were made. My understanding is that most EWQLSO users use these samples to add reverb, and many add no artificial reverb at all. But I guess that depends on what sound you are going for.

I use plat plus and typically add no additional reverb.

mkiz
mkiz

Re: Very OT about EWQL Play Plat. Plus

Postby Raymond Robijns » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:16 am

Thank you. After the Eastern holidays we'll see what to do... I think I want them.

Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Return to NOTION